Sponsored

Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions

SAR Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter
Another week and still no ETA. Guess those gaskets can't come fast enough. Be nice if Toyota threw a little cash or bonus in for those of us waiting.
Sponsored

THunterNC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Update from my dealer in Ohio today indicated that ALL hybrid models are held up in QC not just TH. His speculation was that the hold would be lifted "in about a week". Build date was 7/1.

Moundman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Camry (a beater!) / 2024 Trailhunter
Update from my dealer in Ohio today indicated that ALL hybrid models are held up in QC not just TH. His speculation was that the hold would be lifted "in about a week". Build date was 7/1.
We can only hope so!!

What dealer did you go with?

RESQCAT

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter (Underground)
Mine still show in the build phase on Toyota's website despite my dealer telling me it was built back in May.
Hopefully you will get it soon. Gaskets the reason? Where did you get that info?

Sponsored

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
Figures why my pro was sitting at the port of veracruz from 6/28 to 7/28 and finally got put on a boat on 7/28. I hope it can make its way to my dealership with lightning speed lmao.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Figures why my pro was sitting at the port of veracruz from 6/28 to 7/28 and finally got put on a boat on 7/28. I hope it can make its way to my dealership with lightning speed lmao.
My Pro has been listed as "in build phase" for a couple of weeks now. My dealer said it was awaiting transportation, but I have no idea what that means. I asked when I should bring in my Tundra for a trade in evaluation and they said, no hurry. When we have some clue about your truck we will let you know. I took that to be bad news - I am planning on early October.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
My Pro has been listed as "in build phase" for a couple of weeks now. My dealer said it was awaiting transportation, but I have no idea what that means. I asked when I should bring in my Tundra for a trade in evaluation and they said, no hurry. When we have some clue about your truck we will let you know. I took that to be bad news - I am planning on early October.
Me and you seem to be in the same boat in different countries, except mines still “waiting to be fulfilled” 🙄 I have until December until I need to either extend my lease or buy it out

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Me and you seem to be in the same boat in different countries, except mines still “waiting to be fulfilled” 🙄 I have until December until I need to either extend my lease or buy it out
Yep - we are members of the Taco hurry up and wait club. :)

I am lucky to have a Tundra that looks and drives like new, so I don't have your lease situation. I am starting to wonder if I should go ahead and do the overdue coolant flush just to be on the safe side. I was hoping to avoid more maintenance on a truck I am trading/selling but who knows when they will actually arrive.

It is going to be a bit strange to get a 2024 Tacoma after 2025 production has started.

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
Yep - we are members of the Taco hurry up and wait club. :)

I am lucky to have a Tundra that looks and drives like new, so I don't have your lease situation. I am starting to wonder if I should go ahead and do the overdue coolant flush just to be on the safe side. I was hoping to avoid more maintenance on a truck I am trading/selling but who knows when they will actually arrive.

It is going to be a bit strange to get a 2024 Tacoma after 2025 production has started.
I don't even think I'll get a 2024 at this point, I'm going to start calling different dealers and maybe offer $1000 to who can get me one faster 😅

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
I don't even think I'll get a 2024 at this point, I'm going to start calling different dealers and maybe offer $1000 to who can get me one faster 😅
Well the neat part about Toyota is their trucks cost +$1K more every new model year anyway lol... to get one soon and jump ahead of the MSRP waitlists those shops start at around $3500 USD on the markup.Most asking $8-$15K USD

If the economy slows considerably, there's gonna be at least a few cancellations but demand looking strong for the nice trucks & SUVs.

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Here's a few updates on 3 allocations (+ original deposit) that I've been watching. I suspect that any TH's either already built or in build phase will be affected by the QC hold and not delivered to dealers until it's up. So for those lucky enough to get one you all really lucked out and I am continuing to be jealous.

• IA (I have a deposit down): Truck built on 06/18 and rail departed on 06/21, QC hold as of 06/28, recently part of the "56 day estimate". August 23rd would be 56 days so we'll see.
    • This is my preferred option as it's closest to Denver, has only mud guards added, and the sales guy has been awesome to work with.
  • OH (I have a deposit down): This was in build phase as of yesterday with an estimated arrival of 08/05 - 08/18 and now shows "vehicle may be in transit" and I would almost put money that it is now on hold as well. I texted the dealer and haven't heard back yet.
  • WV (I do not have a deposit down but am on the list): Truck was built with an estimated delivery of 08/02 - 08/08 (ish) and as of today I just looked and now shows "vehicle may be in transit". I called the dealer to confirm and he checked and sure enough it's on QC hold as well.
  • Denver Dealer: I put a deposit down on 06/03/23 and am #4 overall on their list. So far they have received only 2 allocations so I still do not even an allocation. What's strange is that Mountain States Toyota, the largest by sales volume in the state. Stevenson another large Denver dealer (that charges ADM's unlike Mtn States) has received several (based on what I've seen online).
This is the first new vehicle I have purchased so this is an entirely new process for me. I find it very odd how the allocation system works and the complete lack of communication from Toyota to their dealers regarding both the allocation process as well as QC holds. I am still super excited, but at this point I have 3 events riding on getting this truck in my hands that are all now time sensitive so really hoping for a truck in the next few weeks. I have a Lone Peak being built this month, then a drawer/camp kitchen install, then a bunch of electrical goodies. I am on all of these places calendars so hoping not to have to push those back since they are booked a ways out.
Sponsored