Sponsored

TrailHunter water crossings / water fording?

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
Hey guys I plan on taking delivery of a Trail Hunter soon as the dealership gets it. I do plan on using it for what it is built for that is being driven on mountain trails , roads, and crossings. Question that may or may have not been asked , can the Trail Hunter pass river crossings? If any current Trail Hunter owners want to chime in on this please do. Does it state anything in the owners manual?
Sponsored

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
This is all that is in the owner's manual. There is no wading depth specified:
2024 Tacoma TrailHunter water crossings / water fording? 1725909759719-jr

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Hey guys I plan on taking delivery of a Trail Hunter soon as the dealership gets it. I do plan on using it for what it is built for that is being driven on mountain trails , roads, and crossings. Question that may or may have not been asked , can the Trail Hunter pass river crossings? If any current Trail Hunter owners want to chime in on this please do. Does it state anything in the owners manual?
this guy apparently fried his mass-airflow sensor driving in 1-2ā€™ standing/flood water after a heavy rain storm. Heā€™d be the first guy to talk to about water intrusion & the TH: https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/trailhunter-qc-holds-ā€”-multiple-regions.5348/post-84095

Toyota calling the snorkel a ā€˜high desert intakeā€™ is a very Apple thing. Iā€™m personally gonna wait a few years before crossing any large creeks, let others send it & do beta w/water.

Iā€™ll be wintertime storm chasing with it tho, snow & ice around the intake will be a focusā€¦

Last edited:

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
this guy apparently fried his mass-airflow sensor driving in 1-2ā€™ standing/flood water after a heavy rain storm. Heā€™d be the first guy to talk to about water intrusion & the TH: https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/trailhunter-qc-holds-ā€”-multiple-regions.5348/post-84095

Toyota calling the snorkel a ā€˜high desert intakeā€™ is a very Apple thing. Iā€™m personally gonna wait a few years before crossing any large creeks, let others send it & do beta w/water.

Iā€™ll be wintertime storm chasing with it tho, snow & ice around the intake will be a focusā€¦
That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the Trailhunter came with that Snorkel. Ice. I can see the snorkel getting iced up and causing problems and then trying to chip it off of plastic.

WanderlustTraveler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Hybrid
Iā€™d be reasonably confident in the Trailhunterā€™s fording ability. Iā€™ve got a TRD Sport with the iForcemax hybrid system, and Iā€™ve taken it through probably about a foot of water on a river crossing I make every so often. So far no issues at all. Even with the giant air dam on the front šŸ˜‚
Sponsored