TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Wow and some of these are past the tsb list numbers
Yeah - this is definitely not over. With more transmission failures outside of the initial TSB VIN range now we might finally be headed toward a recall. Of course Toyota has to figure out what the hell is going on. Obviously it is more than just a few torque converters which were not manufactured properly.

Either Aisin is still screwing up when making these transmissions or there is a bigger problem which needs to be addressed. It is not a good feeling to pay this much for a truck and not be able to feel confident that it is reliable.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Yeah - this is definitely not over. With more transmission failures outside of the initial TSB VIN range now we might finally be headed toward a recall. Of course Toyota has to figure out what the hell is going on. Obviously it is more than just a few torque converters which were not manufactured properly.

Either Aisin is still screwing up when making these transmissions or there is a bigger problem which needs to be addressed. It is not a good feeling to pay this much for a truck and not be able to feel confident that it is reliable.
Absolutely a bigger issue, in just boggles my mind they allowed this to happen

Sponsored

Muckle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
My only issue is during the first startup of the day - shifting from first to second gear is always a noticeable hard shift. After that, it's smooth as butter.

No matter how slow I start out, that first shift is always hard.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Not sure of the number, but many times that. On the other hand not every failure results in a NHTSA complaint. So a failure rate is hard to determine, but is no doubt fairly small. I'm sure Toyota knows but I'm also sure they won't tell us.

So I understand that the chances of my truck dying unexpectedly is low. But if this grows it is going to be really bad for Toyota, who built their truck rep on dead nuts reliability. Who wants to travel or go off road in a truck that might not bring you home?

Sponsored

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
They are gonna have to do something there reputation is really tanking bad lately

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
No - not sure how to do this?
You need a OBD2 code reader or you can get it done at a lot of auto parts stores. If your truck has stored the solenoid codes you are included in the remedy in the TSB. If not you just have to wait and see what happens like @Gfenza89 is doing.

Muckle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
You need a OBD2 code reader or you can get it done at a lot of auto parts stores. If your truck has stored the solenoid codes you are included in the remedy in the TSB. If not you just have to wait and see what happens like @Gfenza89 is doing.
Is this different than the transmission recall? My VIN is not included in that. Thanks for the help.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Is this different than the transmission recall? My VIN is not included in that. Thanks for the help.
Same thing. Transmission throws solenoid codes. That's the only way you're getting it replaced is if you have the codes showing.
Sponsored