Rick97

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass Trailhawk, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Hi,

I’ll received my TRD OFfF Road Hybride the beginning of December and my dealer didn’t want to rust check or anything like that, he says too late it is winter…

The dearler says, you can drive all
The winter in salt, it is not a big deal, we will washed under the car before doing the treatment in May 2025…. I didn’t buy a so expensive car to “ruined it” the first winter.
I am someone who keeps cars for long time.

I live in a place like Nova Scotia next to the Ocean with a lot of salt on the road. It is Saint-Pierre and Miquelon a little part of France in north America

Do you think the first winter without any rust treatment in very bad?

Because no one on the island do rust treatment after December, I wonder if I should have it done in a Toyota dealer in Nova Scotia before the car take the boat for the island.

People who live in Halifax, Dartmouth or around, have you done the rust treatment at the dearlership, and what they use? I don’t want the wax black one.

do you know if they have like a completed package with all parts of car done? (doors….)

Thanks for your advice.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter 6 foot bed 1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
I’m having my Trailhunter undercoated with wool wax in a few weeks..the person said it’s always better to do it to a clean undercarriage. I don’t think waiting that long would actually hurt anything but getting it clean once you get it done should help. Some people hate the stuff and others swear by it. I have noticed a huge difference in what my frames look like after 6 to 10 years of using any kind of undercoating product. good luck with your new truck

Hannzie

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I am in Dartmouth and had mine done last month. I had a private undercoating place do a fluid film and plan on spraying it every second year. But yes, I would definitely have it done if you plan on keeping it and when it’s new is when to do it. If you only plan on 5 years and trading it in I wouldn’t bother. The east coast is so wet and with the abundance of salt on our roads you should consider it for sure.
Rust check or Krown are the easiest and cheapest.

OP
OP

Rick97

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass Trailhawk, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
I am in Dartmouth and had mine done last month. I had a private undercoating place do a fluid film and plan on spraying it every second year. But yes, I would definitely have it done if you plan on keeping it and when it’s new is when to do it. If you only plan on 5 years and trading it in I wouldn’t bother. The east coast is so wet and with the abundance of salt on our roads you should consider it for sure.
Rust check or Krown are the easiest and cheapest.
Definetely the best place to do it, but because Toyota is going to ship it to St Pierre and Miquelon, I only can do it at a Toyota dealership,
I speak French so it is quite difficult to call Dartmouth and ask what they offer.
I Am ready to keep my car in my garage during the winter to don’t ride in the salt…

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Dealerships will never do as good of a job with that stuff as a shop that specializes in it. Are there any shops in your area that would apply any kind of rust treatment? They should be cable to just get it on the lift and give it a good wash before applying the treatment. In my opinion, it's never "too late in winter" to do it.
Sponsored