kjmcc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius 2018
Hi everyone!

just got an update fron my dealer the TRD Pro I reserved was leaving via train to dealership shipped 5/31. Not sure what happens after this but thought id let you know since the anticipitation is killing me! How long do you expect the until the dealer receives it? They are in Ohio. My build date was 5/17.
Sponsored

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Hi everyone!

just got an update fron my dealer the TRD Pro I reserved was leaving via train to dealership shipped 5/31. Not sure what happens after this but thought id let you know since the anticipitation is killing me! How long do you expect the until the dealer receives it? They are in Ohio. My build date was 5/17.
Care to share the last 8 of the temp vin was? I am curious if it was built on time, or perhaps even ahead of schedule (which I doubt it works that way).

For instance, RT25A164 is the last 8 of my temp vin. The 25 before the A means it is scheduled to be built the 25th week of the year. Curious what yours was.

Sponsored

Moundman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Camry (a beater!) / 2024 Trailhunter
Care to share the last 8 of the temp vin was? I am curious if it was built on time, or perhaps even ahead of schedule (which I doubt it works that way).

For instance, RT25A164 is the last 8 of my temp vin. The 25 before the A means it is scheduled to be built the 25th week of the year. Curious what yours was.
Good info. Thanks Tyler. So mine is 5RT24A146. So if I counted right mine will be scheduled to be built the week of the 10th.

Wighty

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Off Road
Mine is 3RT18D504 and I haven't received an update yet. Hopefully soon!

OP
OP

kjmcc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius 2018

sure RT19C170

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
So yours was built right around a month ago. I will be following closly to see how long it takes to get to you. We all appreciate your insight.
I'm also in Colorado and I've also been following timelines pretty closely and trying to get updates from my dealer, although my sales person doesn't seem to know much about the process at all.

Here's what I know so far, my temp vin ended in RT20B888, so it should've been built the 20th week of the year: May 13th-19th in the Guanajuato plant. Two weeks ago my dealer told me that my truck was scheduled to be built on the 29th of May. That's a little more than a week behind.
The Toyota inventory search showed my truck with an estimated availability date between 6/13/24 and 7/05/24. My dealer gave me the following info from some automated text service they use:

PIPELINE
A
Current Status
STATUS.CATEGORY.ALLOCATED:
Production
Estimated Dealer Arrival
Jun 13, 2024 - Jul 5, 2024

Obsessively checked the Toyota inventory site for date updates since I noticed that date kept changing ever so slightly. Well over the weekend my VIN changed from a temp to an actual one! So I guess that means its actually built now. Spoke to my dealer again today and here is the status they gave me:

A
Current Status
STATUS.CATEGORY.ALLOCATED:
Truck Shipment
Estimated Dealer Arrival
Jun 14, 2024 - Jun 25, 2024

The rep didn't really know what any of that meant but it seems it's going to arrive even earlier than anticipated, if the change in availability date is to be believed. I plan on getting a much more detailed update later this week and I'll post what I find.

I wonder if the letter on top of the message is related to:
A- Being built or at port
F - On way to dealer
G - At the dealer

Seems plausible.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I am having to travel across the country to get mine, as Colorado doesnt seem to be getting many of the truck I want. This kind of lead time is promising though! I appreciate your response on this! Very excited for you!