Turn off cruise control

kaliforniaman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I don’t think he is asking for opinions of how he should be driving.
I agree that some of the safety features are annoying. If I am alone on the ranch, moving the vehicle up the driveway, I don’t need to be reminded that I don’t have my seatbelt on. If I leave something in the backseat, I intentionally did so. Again, I don’t need an alarm. If the lines on the road don’t match standard US specifications, I don’t need the steering wheel jumping or the alarms going off.
In the settings, some of the alarms can be disabled. Elsewhere on the forum, someone mentioned a ECS tool that allows you to change some settings.
Sponsored

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
I love the ones saying keep hands on the wheel lol. I do keep my hand on the wheel and a lot of times is not enough motion or pressure to signal to the truck my hand is on the wheel. I’m looking to not have to jerk the steering wheel every 5 mins because I’m on a straight highway and do not need to move the steering wheel.
I think the confusion comes from you asking "Tacomas no hands seems incredibly short and just wanting more time".

Meaning you want to take your hands off the steering wheel for longer than 15 seconds at a time.

It's not called no hands and it's not intended to be used that way. Just slightly tug the wheel every few seconds or don't use it. Their is no bypass.