Sponsored

Nic24ifmltd

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited iForceMax
I got my Limited iForce Max a few weeks ago and have been removing / covering up chrome ever since. Below are the highlights.

-replaced wheels, put on 33s (265/70R18). I went with Michelin LTX as I have no illusions about how much off roading I’m getting done. I got oem black lug and lock nuts.

-replaced mirror caps with oem colour matched ones (this was super easy and made the biggest difference!).

-removed exhaust tip and used high heat primer/paint to black it out.

-vinyl wrapped lower grille, door and tailgate handles, touch feature unaffected and I’m super happy with it. Also wrapped edges of the max emblem on hood (before and after photos below). Interestingly the sensors on lower grille (which I thought I’d have to cut out and expose the chrome) are totally unaffected by the wrap. The wrap guy said they always cover them up without issue.

-installed a TRD front skid plate, with the cross member being on its way from RCI for 39$ (thanks @Gurvy522 for the tip!).

-installed a hard tri-fold tonneau cover (Bison).

Left to do:

- grille and light bar (likely heritage one but will see if other options are out there)

- “limited” emblems on doors (got wrong size ones shipped and am waiting on correct ones).

Pics:

IMG_8277.jpeg

IMG_8278.png

IMG_8286.jpeg

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8316.jpeg

IMG_8317.jpeg

IMG_8303.jpeg

IMG_8313.jpeg

IMG_8318.jpeg

IMG_8314.jpeg

IMG_8319.jpeg

IMG_8321.jpeg

IMG_8320.jpeg
Sponsored

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Are those the Rough Country power steps? If so when did you order and when did you receive? I have had these on order with my local shop for weeks now and they keep saying they are backordered but it sure appears DIYers are getting them no problem.

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Nice man! Interesting that you didn't have issues with your sensors and your wrap. I was told by my PPF guy that it can cause issues with certain sensors. But glad it worked out for you!

I also recently tried to DIY wrap my tailgate handle and overall, turned out OK, but struggled with getting the letter indentations to stick even with a good amount of heat applied. Maybe I'll give it another go sometime. Looks solid.

OP
OP

Nic24ifmltd

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are those the Rough Country power steps? If so when did you order and when did you receive? I have had these on order with my local shop for weeks now and they keep saying they are backordered but it sure appears DIYers are getting them no problem.
Those are actually the OEM power steps that come on the limited.
Nice man! Interesting that you didn't have issues with your sensors and your wrap. I was told by my PPF guy that it can cause issues with certain sensors. But glad it worked out for you!

I also recently tried to DIY wrap my tailgate handle and overall, turned out OK, but struggled with getting the letter indentations to stick even with a good amount of heat applied. Maybe I'll give it another go sometime. Looks solid.
The letters were tough even for the pros, I saw this morning that you can buy letter inserts in just about any colour if you want to put them over or cut out the letter portions:

IMG_8323.jpeg

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Those are actually the OEM power steps that come on the limited.

The letters were tough even for the pros, I saw this morning that you can buy letter inserts in just about any colour if you want to put them over or cut out the letter portions:

IMG_8323.jpeg
Yeah, saw these as well - the OE black garnish itself is only about $25 bucks but currently backordered. I may end up just going that route once there's stock of the part.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
You mention the tires, but what about the wheels? Those OEM from previous gen?

OP
OP

Nic24ifmltd

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
Thats gonna look good all murdered out. Looking forward to the final product.

I left a bit of bling on mine. Half murdered probably suites my state of mind today.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Thats gonna look good all murdered out. Looking forward to the final product.

I left a bit of bling on mine. Half murdered probably suites my state of mind today.
Didn't you mention that your truck had the third crossmember for the skid plate?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Nic24ifmltd

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't you mention that your truck had the third crossmember for the skid plate?
Hmm, mine does not have the front cross member, it is a limited hybrid. I ordered from RCI.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax

hogshooter

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited 4x4
Yeah, saw these as well - the OE black garnish itself is only about $25 bucks but currently backordered. I may end up just going that route once there's stock of the part.
do you have a part number for the tailgate garnish?

rocky.mtn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tundra TRD Pro
Looks good.
Do you know if the iforce hood badge is removable? I know the Tundra iforce hood badge has posts.
Sponsored