Sponsored

Valet Key option still exist?

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Does anyone know if it's still possible to get a valet key for these newer vehicles? Or is one of the laser cut keys already a valet key?
To make sure we're all talking the same, historically, there's been a 3rd key (on my other Toyota its gray and doesn't have a fob) that unlocks the doors and starts the vehicle, but does NOT lock/unlock the glove box. Thus, you could lock something in the glove box then hand the valet key to the valet (!) for parking your Toyota. I see the glove box is lockable, but I see no indication for valet, and best I can tell, if I take the physical key off the fob, then there's nothing left on the fob for the valet to attach the ticket tag to.

So in today's push button start world, the valet doesn't need the key itself, but they need the fob. Problem is, you pull the key and they don't have anything to attach the ticket to or hang the fob by. How've people handled this? Or don't?

Any insight is appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. Ignition in this vehicle is push button. Hence the assumption that the valet needs the fob. But I was wondering how others have handled a fob or key that doesn't operate the glovebox, but operates everything else for gaining entry and driving the vehicle.

Vidman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra,1967 chevelle, 1972 c-10 pro street
It will be a cold day in hell before I let some dip stick park my Tacoma.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will be a cold day in hell before I let some dip stick park my Tacoma.
While I agree 99% of the time. There are areas and places where this isn't an option. And I'm wanting to figure out what folks do when it's required.
Sponsored