Sponsored

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
UCA's are a nice surprise....$ 2500.00 for the kit installed or that too low. Shop rates are like 125 hr.
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
UCA's are a nice surprise....$ 2500.00 for the kit installed or that too low. Shop rates are like 125 hr.
I wish rates were that low at a dealer, at least here in FL looking at 150-175/hr pending on area. But 2500 is very reasonable. I'd figure (springs, shocks, uca, skid) would cost 2500 alone. If all those parts are 1.8-2k before install, that's really good. Im guessing maybe 6-8 hrs labor max.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
I wish rates were that low at a dealer, at least here in FL looking at 150-175/hr pending on area. But 2500 is very reasonable. I'd figure (springs, shocks, uca, skid) would cost 2500 alone. If all those parts are 1.8-2k before install, that's really good. Im guessing maybe 6-8 hrs labor max.
As always the price of the pro and the math when you upgrade an OR. Whenever prices are released.....

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
The lift installed from the factory is about a 3K bump for the Tundra. But is part of a 7k package that includes TRD off road package with 20 inch wheels, PVM, BSM mirrors.

My biggest question is can you bump the suspension travel up by using Tundra upper and lower a-arms? Are they longer and will they bolt on? Time will tell somebody will try it!

Sponsored

Jeff Lange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Toyotas
The non e-locker tundras all come with a helical LSD, and the rear axle on the Tacoma is supposedly the same 9.5". If the base Tacomas get that same LSD, I'd pass on a locker. A little traction control or skinny pedal to load up the gears is all you need.
The Tundra either comes with an open diff or a locker. There is no mechanical LSD.

The only vehicle on the platform that currently has an LSD as far as I know is the Lexus LX600 F-Sport (and related Land Cruiser 300/LX500D overseas), which is a 9.7" Torsen T2 in the rear (and a T3 for the center in the transfer case).

Jeff

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Just realized the fenders on this and the lower trim are much smaller and narrower than the other models I’ve seen before. They look great.

Last edited:

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
In Canada the JBL package is available without the larger screen. On Sport+ and OR+.
I’ll take the better sound system and really don’t want a giant computer screen on my dash. It’s hard to imagine why anyone would, but to each their own.

Sponsored
OP
OP
beninbeta

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Everyone has their own preferences of course, but one of the reasons I hadn't been interested in Toyota in the past was lack of good technology and a high quality screen in the past.

This fourteen inch screen will allow for better touch points for things like Carplay and Android Auto. It's better for navigation apps, and definitely better for using the camera systems to help ensure you put your tires where the need to when you by yourself. It's also very helpful for parking and trailering.

I also love the placement as you can quickly glance at the screen to see turns or change songs etc... while still seeing the road. We have a Hyundai Tucson with a 12 inch screen, but it's lower in the center stack and that means I have look away from the road more for these things.

Do we need any of this? That's an opinion, but if you have had these features or something similar before you know how awesome they are and how important a good screen is.

Anyway I'm excited to see that Toyota is catching and surprising some of the other manufacturers with this system. I've driven the new Colorado and Canyon and those systems are pretty nice too, but have had some reliability issues already which are not good. I also prefer the screen orientation of the Toyota system being more square and less longer either horizontal or vertical like the other systems. I have also driven a Ford with the vertical panel and didn't like how small the mapping screens were.

Again it's all preference, and I hope people can find something that works for them.

WRBWRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The real question here will this kit be available for the Limited??

MisterFlabby

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
The real question here will this kit be available for the Limited??
I definitly think the kit will be applicable to all models, however, with Toyota safety sense being in all of them, to get the correct calibrations, some sensors may need to be moved around, and with the limited grill who knows how easy it will be.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
I definitly think the kit will be applicable to all models, however, with Toyota safety sense being in all of them, to get the correct calibrations, some sensors may need to be moved around, and with the limited grill who knows how easy it will be.
All trims have the sensor in the same place. Between and just above the fog lights.
2024 Tacoma Lifted 2024 Tacoma Build (SR5) w/ Toyota Accessories (TRD Lift Kit 2.5" Front / 2" Rear, Wheels, Exhaust, Bed Tire Carrier, Skid Plate, Etc)! IMG_4544

Last edited:

MisterFlabby

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
All trims have the sensor in the same place. Between and just above the fog lights.
IMG_4544.jpeg
Thanks for the clarification! I know for the gen 3 models I was told if they had safety sense that the sensors have to be moved!
Sponsored