Sponsored

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Do you think the OR hybrid and TH will both start at the same price, 54k+? I was assuming the price difference between the two was going to be significant, especially considering the TH’s ARB and other standard features not available on non-Pro/TH models.
Not that poster, but I suspect that was a typo. I'm guessing the intention was the Pro and TH start at about the same price.
I suspect the OR hybrid should come in significantly below those until/unless you start packing in other extra options. The Limited hybrid should come in closer to the TH/Pro than the OR does.
Sponsored

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Which is...stunningly, still less expensive than a similarly equipped Jeep Gladiator...LOL.
The Mojave (w roof and AT)is basically $55- until we see content listings we won't know what options it would need to match.

Any word when press drives are happening?
It would appear that drives are happening TODAY!

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Should give my two cents here to backup claims of allocation. I was contacted by my dealer (small town dealer) yesterday and it do appear they're getting allocation details, obviously they don't have the stock yet, but they're starting to find out what they're getting.

I'm #1 in line and they asked me to switch to the sport because they have a confirmed TRD Sport in the transmission and color preference I wanted arriving in February.

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra Limited, Taco TRD Pro
Should give my two cents here to backup claims of allocation. I was contacted by my dealer (small town dealer) yesterday and it do appear they're getting allocation details, obviously they don't have the stock yet, but they're starting to find out what they're getting.

I'm #1 in line and they asked me to switch to the sport because they have a confirmed TRD Sport in the transmission and color preference I wanted arriving in February.
Do this. Ask to see their allocation. Tell them to cover invoice pricing if they like. Take a picture and post it. They won't because they CAN'T. Allocation will not be released until pricing is released.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Do this. Ask to see their allocation. Tell them to cover invoice pricing if they like. Take a picture and post it. They won't because they CAN'T. Allocation will not be released until pricing is released.
Interesting. What could he possibly have gotten confused over then? I wondered if he got confused and seen the test vehicle and thought it was allocation as I seen a post stating dealers were receiving their dummy vehicle in February but he was dead set that it was a white TRD Sport in manual, dealers ain't going to get sent a manual for a dummy vehicle lol

They also just finished building a brand new dealership, don't know if that'd have anything to do with it.

I think I'll phone around to different dealers in the next city over, see what their sales people think about it I can't see how telling me there was indeed a truck coming when there's not would benefit them in any way, more so the adverse.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KC-Boston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was contacted last week by a dealer telling me that they had received an allocation for a single SR5. The invoice they sent had a lot of information missing. I posted it, but admin took it down because people complained that it was fake...

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I was contacted last week by a dealer telling me that they had received an allocation for a single SR5. The invoice they sent had a lot of information missing. I posted it, but admin took it down because people complained that it was fake...
Canada or US out of curiosity? I'm in Canada

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every dealer has received an allocation notice for 1 unit in December but no pricing and no estimated delivery date. It's not how we typically get allocations. They come as a spreadsheet with all of the relevant information. Not a piece of paper saying to expect one unit at a random date with zero details.

Dtronic

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 sbw 6.7, 2022 BMS S1000R, 2023 Camry se
Interesting. What could he possibly have gotten confused over then? I wondered if he got confused and seen the test vehicle and thought it was allocation as I seen a post stating dealers were receiving their dummy vehicle in February but he was dead set that it was a white TRD Sport in manual, dealers ain't going to get sent a manual for a dummy vehicle lol

They also just finished building a brand new dealership, don't know if that'd have anything to do with it.

I think I'll phone around to different dealers in the next city over, see what their sales people think about it I can't see how telling me there was indeed a truck coming when there's not would benefit them in any way, more so the adverse.
Most sales people are not vehicle enthusiasts. They are complete idiots about the vehicles they sell, how vehicles are allocated or even msrp/invoice/holdbacks/rebates.

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Every dealer has received an allocation notice for 1 unit in December but no pricing and no estimated delivery date. It's not how we typically get allocations. They come as a spreadsheet with all of the relevant information. Not a piece of paper saying to expect one unit at a random date with zero details.
Sounds like it's about time manufacturers took the route of Tesla and demolish their dealerships lol. On top of "market adjustments" it seems like it's hard to find a good sales person that even knows what they're talking about. I'll wait until February, if the white Tacoma he assured me was coming, doesn't I'll pull my deposit and go elsewhere, shouldnt be this much of a headache not even into talking about trade in values and financing yet. The fact that other people are saying they're also being contact from other dealers than my own tells me this must be quite the common issue. Does sales communicate with Toyota at all or do they just wing it lol

ToyotaSalesman31707

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the plain, ugly truth about allocation and selling Toyotas post Covid. I find it funny that there are enough people in this group that think they're getting a TH or TRD Pro to start a revolution. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it may be disappointing to a lot of people, especially after a $10k market adjustment.

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
First post — compelled to comment re: market adjustment on TRD PRO and Trailhunter.

To be clear: The idea of paying a nickel over MSRP on a Toyota is absurd to me.

I’ve been blessed to purchase a number of new speciality cars over the years, including several built-to-order Porsches. Never paid over MSRP for any of them pre-COVID, during COVID or post-COVID. And it’s not because I’m an exceptional person or negotiator. Their dealers simply don’t engage in this practice. They know that many people who may have money to burn will absolutely refuse to participate in their own gouging. That’s one of the ways they’ve earned and continue to keep their money in the first place.

My wife and I are first-time prospective Toyota buyers. We handed over a $1K refundable deposit for a 2024 Trailhunter or TRD PRO. We told the sales manager we will pay MSRP, period. He took our money. Time will tell what kind of person he is, and what kind of dealer we’re attempting to do business with.

The fact that we can special-order a $250K 911 GT3 at MSRP, but are unsure whether a Toyota dealer will be able to 1) locate a Tacoma to our liking, and 2) sell it to us at MSRP, is telling in the worst possible way. Honda, Genesis and other Japanese and South Korean mainstream manufacturers and dealerships are doing the same thing since COVID turned the market sideways and insane.

Perhaps they see doing business this way as appropriate and profitable. I disagree. The way I see it, if you offer a particular build on your public configurator, customers should be able to buy it without hassle or markup. Otherwise, don’t waste people’s time presenting a dog and pony show. In our case, you’ll lose a single sale, and potential customers for life.

This kind of behavior is the very definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Sponsored