Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento

That is kind of what I read into it too.
Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Some of you are talking yourself into disappointment. There’s zero chance they are lower than Robs made up numbers.

I also didn’t get that feeling from Jon’s video at all. Just that they are wrong.

TacomaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Limited
Part of why I don't put much stock in these prices, is that Toyota does not typically do the X99(599,699, etc.) thing on their pricing that I have ever seen anyway. It is possible that they are changing this, but it jumped out at me. I guess we will see soon.

Desert4G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
If the new Ranger Raptor starts at $55k. The new TRD Pro should not be any more if they want to be competitive. If Toyota would price the Pro the same as the Ranger Raptor; which one would you guys choose?

kellen.watkins

First Name
Kellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tacoma/2023 Prius Prime
If the new Ranger Raptor starts at $55k. The new TRD Pro should not be any more if they want to be competitive. If Toyota would price the Pro the same as the Ranger Raptor; which one would you guys choose?
I’d take any TRD trim over the Raptor Ranger. I got my eyes set on a Pro in WCP but we’ll see what happens 👌

Sponsored

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
There is no question the Raptor is much more capable offroad. The TRD pro suspension geometry is a failure because they didn’t increase travel with wider axles just different wheel offset.
This and the live fox shocks, and also the dual lockers.

But people on this forum won’t buy the TRD pro because of its off road capaibility over a Raptor. They will buy it because they prefer the look, and or for the reliability, and or because they are Toyota fans, and or because they want hybrid

As far as I am concerned I am waiting for pricing and payload to be announced. Also, Raptor availability at MSRP is an issue. I am guaranteed a Trailhunter at MSRP so depending on TH price, I could be tempted.

Personally I don’t care about brands and I like the look equally on both. I prefer the hybrid than the thirsty V6 on the Raptor, but I prefer the Ford seat comfort in general and the offroad capability of the Raptor. So it will come down to price, and payload. Raptor has 1450 lbs payload which is not bad.

Last edited:
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Volvo
There is no question the Raptor is much more capable offroad. The TRD pro suspension geometry is a failure because they didn’t increase travel with wider axles just different wheel offset.
This and the live fox shocks, and also the dual lockers.

But people on this forum won’t buy the TRD pro because of its off road capaibility over a Raptor. They will buy it because they prefer the look, and or for the reliability, and or because they are Toyota fans, and or because they want

As far as I am concerned I am waiting for pricing and payload to be announced. Also, Raptor availability at MSRP is an issue. I am guaranteed a Trailhunter at MSRP so depending on TH price, I could be tempted.

Personally I don’t care about brands and I like the look equally on both. I prefer the hybrid than the thirsty V6 on the Raptor, but I prefer the Ford seat comfort in general and the offroad capability of the Raptor. So it will come down to price, and payload. Raptor has 1450 lbs payload which is not bad.

As owner of a Gen 1 Ford Raptor for 8 years, Ford has that suspension dialed in! However, like you stated, I'm looking at the TRD Pro for looks and longevity. I'm done with the "Beat the shit out of it" phase and am looking for an enjoyable GREAT looking rig that has some capability but will last a long time if taken care of properly.

Tacoma TRD Pros appearance is phenomenal compared to the Ranger Raptor or ZR2.

For me - TRD Pro OR I'm entertaining the TRD Sport with manual Trans honestly. It'll come down to price point difference and availability.

All Terrain Nation

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
11/28/23 UPDATE: OFFICIAL PRICING RELEASED - https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/2024-tacoma-pricing-per-trim-comparison-list.1667/

-------------------------------------

No idea if this is legit but with everything circulating the last couple of days it could be…

Biggest surprise would be the price of the Pro. I would’ve guessed it would have been a lot more. Which, kind of makes me think this isn’t accurate.

Starting 2024 Base Prices

SR
- $29,599 ($999 increase from 2023 model)
SR5 - $32,999 ($1719 increase from 2023 model)
TRD PreRunner - $34,599
TRD Sport
- $36,599 ($1089 increase from 2023 model)
TRD Off-Road - $39,599 ($2809 increase from 2023 model)
Limited - $43,999 ($2644 increase from 2023 model)
TRD Pro- $49,599 ($1565 increase from 2023)
Trailhunter - $54,599

These prices didnt hold up at all lol
Sponsored