TFL's 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4's 4WD Broke Down Deep in the Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I completely agree I was just generalizing and I’m not the only one who thought that they way they started using the truck was a bit extreme. @JimS posted the break in cycle directly from this vehicles manual early in this chat and shows they went against the manufacturer recommendations. And I should have been more articulate about the 10 year comment. I’m generalizing that most of us buy Toyotas to last a while and if I’m going to try and hold this for 10 years I’d rather take an extra day or so and heat cycle it and baby it for a month. I completely agree it should be able to handle anything out of the factory.
I'll make a point here, if you think for one second that the "break in cycle" hasn't already been broken before you take delivery of it you're wrong. The delivery agent beat it loading it and unloading it from transport. The technician who did the PDI on the truck likely took it out and gave it a beating. The lot person who took it to gas it up before delivery likely beat it too. Chances are the truck as already been driven in a manner out of specs of the break in period before a customer even takes delivery of it.
Sponsored

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I'll make a point here, if you think for one second that the "break in cycle" hasn't already been broken before you take delivery of it you're wrong. The delivery agent beat it loading it and unloading it from transport. The technician who did the PDI on the truck likely took it out and gave it a beating. The lot person who took it to gas it up before delivery likely beat it too. Chances are the truck as already been driven in a manner out of specs of the break in period before a customer even takes delivery of it.
I watched the guy who gassed it up for final delivery as he pulled it into the staging area bay. He was moving pretty slow. He was NOT beating anything, anywhere, anyhow... in my opinion! Had 4 miles on the odo. I doubt they beat it that hard lol! At least that what I tell myself. No valet parking either! lol!

Sner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I watched the guy who gassed it up for final delivery as he pulled it into the staging area bay. He was moving pretty slow. He was NOT beating anything, anywhere, anyhow... in my opinion! Had 4 miles on the odo. I doubt they beat it that hard lol! At least that what I tell myself. No valet parking either! lol!
It's not in sight this happens, it's while they are out for a road test on the PDI... they all have to go on a road test on PDI at the dealer before they are delivered to a customer. I'm telling you, it may only be a few miles/kilometers, I'm telling you its not usually a princess road test. Even after they come off the factory floor and get driven into parking lots, there's no pampering them.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
It's not in sight this happens, it's while they are out for a road test on the PDI... they all have to go on a road test on PDI at the dealer before they are delivered to a customer. I'm telling you, it may only be a few miles/kilometers, I'm telling you its not usually a princess road test. Even after they come off the factory floor and get driven into parking lots, there's no pampering them.
I was kidding, but my man was moving pretty slow! I know they have to test drive it. I wish the PDI caught the 42 PSI in each tire before I drove home 18 miles, but oh well. Honestly, I would prefer to drive it harder under warranty than past the 3 year/36 thousand miles basic warranty. Glad the powertrain is 5 years/60k miles.

Sponsored

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
They are like oh crap that is the drivetrain team. Thank goodness I am on cupholders!
Ok, I’ll add one. What about the team that worked on the round cubby hole in the driver’s door jam. Do we know what that’s for yet other than a can of chew or mints?

Status
Not open for further replies.