Sponsored

Tacoma back seat leg room

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
Hi All,

Just sat in the new taco I'm 5 10" adjusted my seat to comfortable position then sat In The back seat behind myself, There is maybe 1" of space between my knees and that back seat.

Definitely a deal killer for a family pickup. No way I can put my kids back there for a long road trip.
Sponsored

Steelhead

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Huge miss by Toyota , clean slate truck and it almost appears there’s less room than Gen 3. Ranger raptor has many more inches of legroom ,

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I know they wanted to keep it "garageable" but just two more inches in the back seat would've made a tremendous difference.

Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I agree, it's a killer. I remember owning a 2007 Colorado and I was well happy with the back leg room.

Luckily I'm a single guy in his late 20s, I don't really have to worry about kids lol.

It's unfortunate they wanted to make sure it still fit garages comfortably. I understand the reasoning, but I feel the amount of families with and without garages that'll walk away from it because of the leg room outweighs the amount of people who will buy it solely because it fits in a garage. Not a very thoughtful process in my opinion

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Are your kids 5'10"? ;)
It is pretty tight. I'm 5'9" and was pretty comfortable sitting behind my preferred driver's seat position. But my 9yo daughter was uncomfortable, because there isn't a lot of foot room and the seats are too deep for her knees to bend at 90 degrees, so it's not ideal. She won't spend a lot of time in the truck, so I'm going to go ahead with it and figure out a solution to make her more comfortable.
At the auto show, I sat in some other midsize trucks and while the Frontier actually seemed a bit roomier, the Colorado didn't seem any better to me. There was a bit more room for feet, but my knees were hitting the seat. Unfortunately no Ranger at the show to try out.

What I'd really like to see Toyota do is take the longer wheelbase Tacoma (the double cab, 6' bed) and offer it with a CREW cab, 5' bed. I think it would sell like CRAZY.

OP
OP

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
Perfectđź‘Ť

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Buy a Tundra, 4 runner, rav4, highlander, Land Cruiser, Gladiator etc if your in need of a larger 2nd row. For me, I want no less than a 6ft bed. I’m still not sold on the Tacoma but it’s still in the running due to having a 6ft bed option.

Sponsored

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
Have fun with your Colorado, Ranger or Gladiator...

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
definitely not for regular rear seat passengers.

Galactic Yeti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Hi All,

Just sat in the new taco I'm 5 10" adjusted my seat to comfortable position then sat In The back seat behind myself, There is maybe 1" of space between my knees and that back seat.

Definitely a deal killer for a family pickup. No way I can put my kids back there for a long road trip.
A few thoughts here.

First, it definitely could be better, 100%.
Second, hoping for a comfortable back seat experience in a mid size is kind of silly.
Third, I’m 6’1 and adjusted my driving seat to a comfortable spot and sat in the back and honestly… I think everyone makes it sound so much worse than it really is. But that’s my experience and perspective. If you want a truck to seat 4 comfortably or be a family vehicle, go full size.
I personally feel like I could work with the back seat just fine.

Madmez

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav
Yea, Depends on how picky your kids are. My dad had a second gen, and as a 15 year old back then, the space never bothered me. I hope my kids won't be bothered either. I'm only 5'9 and my wife 5'3. Either way the kids can suck it up. Lol

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Why not move the front seats up to accommodate the rear seat passengers? This will allow everyone to be on an equal level of uncomfortable.
Sponsored