Turbo Engine lag?

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
I read the new turbo engine has a little lag to it. Has anyone experienced that?
Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Be nice to hear about off the line as well as a rolling start.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I felt a little lag today not even getting on mine when I was test driving it, didn’t feel any on a normal 10 mile ride come. The engine seems to have adequate power for driving around town, having been on the freeway yet.

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, TRD Off Road 4x4
I read the new turbo engine has a little lag to it. Has anyone experienced that?
Nope. Mine acts like a normally aspirated 4cyl until about 1700 rpm then the turbo kicks in and takes over if your foot is in it.

Sponsored

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
It's very minimal lag and can likely be "tuned" out with a more sensitive pedal. I'd get a pedal commander need be.

Newwt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 TRD OR
I haven’t driven one yet but I’d have a hard time believing a turbo of this size having noticeable lag. If anything it’s probably a delay programmed into the ECU

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I went with the Tacoma because of the lack of turbo lag. The Canyon has way more turbo lag.

ebtea

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Haven’t noticed any lag, but I didn’t really “roll into the boost.” I saw 7.5 psi when merging onto a highway but the truck didn’t seem to change if I was on or off the turbo

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Haven’t really heard any of the major YouTube guys saying this. Where ya getting your information from?

Sponsored

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I’ve not noticed any lag either. So far, I’m impressed with the predictable throttle response. Couldn’t say that about the 3rd Gen Tundras I owned.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
All turbo's have some lag. The T24-FTS uses a relatively small twin scroll design and has less lag than most. It is an awesome powertrain that moves the truck with authority.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid, Honda Pioneer 1000
i test drove a sport yesterday.
From a dead stop getting onto the highway, i noticed a lag off the line. It also jumped into second then back to first.

The lag was small compared to most other turbos i have driven and almost imperceptible when your up to speed.

Other than the initial jump off the start im satisfied with performance. Starting from zero isnt perfect but i can live with it.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Haven’t noticed any lag, but I didn’t really “roll into the boost.” I saw 7.5 psi when merging onto a highway but the truck didn’t seem to change if I was on or off the turbo
I maxed out the boost gauge yesterday hauling a load of wood on the highway lol

ldudiaz

First Name
Lisandro Diaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma RTD Sport
i test drove a sport yesterday.
From a dead stop getting onto the highway, i noticed a lag off the line. It also jumped into second then back to first.

The lag was small compared to most other turbos i have driven and almost imperceptible when your up to speed.

Other than the initial jump off the start im satisfied with performance. Starting from zero isnt perfect but i can live with it.
I thought I was the only one that didn’t like starting from zero feeling of the Tacoma. It’s definitely a little noisy from start.
Sponsored