Toyota app…”download digital key”?

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
So far the Toyota app is working great. I can start, lock, unlock, etc. The “credit card” key works fine as well.

Here’s my question, the app keeps alerting me to download the digital key. When I tap I get the error in the picture. My Bluetooth is on but I keep getting the error. I’ve tried it while in the truck, in my home, etc.

Everything seems to be working so I’m am wondering if this just a non-problem. Anyone else encounter this?

2024 Tacoma Toyota app…”download digital key”? IMG_5498
Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Well where is your digital key it’s a physical thing so maybe it’s not close enough to your phone to pair?
The credit card key

OP
OP
PaulT

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
Well where is your digital key it’s a physical thing so maybe it’s not close enough to your phone to pair?
The credit card key
It's in my other hand as I hold the phone. I have tried rebooting my phone. Reloading the app, etc. Just feels like a mind bug at this point.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
It's in my other hand as I hold the phone. I have tried rebooting my phone. Reloading the app, etc. Just feels like a mind bug at this point.
Are you connected to Carplay or Android Auto when your trying it? If so try temporarily disabling them.

OP
OP
PaulT

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
Are you connected to Carplay or Android Auto when your trying it? If so try temporarily disabling them.
Yes, carplay. I will try that! Thanks!

Sponsored

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
The credit card key
It’s not a physical card. It uses your phone as a digital key. Similar to a Tesla. It’s kind of buggy but mostly works.
As for the error message you’re getting, double check your permissions for the app in your device settings and make sure that Bluetooth is allowed.

OP
OP
PaulT

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
It’s not a physical card. It uses your phone as a digital key. Similar to a Tesla. It’s kind of buggy but mostly works.
As for the error message you’re getting, double check your permissions for the app in your device settings and make sure that Bluetooth is allowed.
Aha! Thank you. That worked instantly. It is a digital world!

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
So Toyota offers the credit card key on all trims but only allows the app to be used on higher trims as a feature called out in build and price?

Thats hilarious to me. I figured it would be the other way around

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
So far the Toyota app is working great. I can start, lock, unlock, etc. The “credit card” key works fine as well.

Here’s my question, the app keeps alerting me to download the digital key. When I tap I get the error in the picture. My Bluetooth is on but I keep getting the error. I’ve tried it while in the truck, in my home, etc.

Everything seems to be working so I’m am wondering if this just a non-problem. Anyone else encounter this?

IMG_5498.png
I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it twice to make it work. I guess once you have an account, then all you need to do is sign back in and it makes it easier to download the digital key?

OP
OP
PaulT

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it twice to make it work. I guess once you have an account, then all you need to do is sign back in and it makes it easier to download the digital key?
I had to give the app Bluetooth permission in my phone settings. Has worked perfectly since.
Sponsored