Off-Road Trail Pipe

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Picked this up from the dealer. Simple enough to take off the existing axle back exhaust (see pictures). If you plan on getting this here is what I recommend:

Unbolt it first. Take it off from the rubber exhaust pipe support. It’s held up in two areas. One from the exhaust tip and the other near where it’s bolted onto the center exhaust.

You’ll then wanna jack the truck up to create room from the body of the truck and rear differential in order to twist the pipe up and out.

Edit: Adding photos of what the truck looks like without the tail pipe. I’m loving it.

Update: I know some were asking about fumes and leakage but so far I haven’t had an issue with either. Also, someone asked me on another group about CEL coming on and no it doesn’t.

2024 Tacoma Off-Road Trail Pipe IMG_1140

2024 Tacoma Off-Road Trail Pipe IMG_1152

2024 Tacoma Off-Road Trail Pipe IMG_1154

2024 Tacoma Off-Road Trail Pipe IMG_1153
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Are you getting any fume/smells inside the cabin after the install?
None that I’ve noticed yet. Have you seen elsewhere that people are having that issue?

Toy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
None that I’ve noticed yet. Have you seen elsewhere that people are having that issue?
I have not read anywhere else that is a problem. However, it was a topic that was brought up in another thread. I was just curious and wanted real world experience before buying it and doing the install.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
I have not read anywhere else that is a problem. However, it was a topic that was brought up in another thread. I was just curious and wanted real world experience before buying it and doing the install.
Got it. I’ll keep that in my mind and see if I notice anything after a week and let you know.

Sponsored

Ericscott21

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Let us know! I would love to do this to mine but worried about exhaust smell/highway drone. No one seems to be complaining about either though.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I also wondered about fumes when I first saw that, but it is behind the cabin and I am guessing it will not be a problem.

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR Base
Part Number: PT226-35241-AA

Tried ordering from a random dealer that had it discounted on their site, no dice. They ended up cancelling the order saying it was unavailable. Ordered again through a local dealer, no updates yet.

Sponsored

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
Anyone able to measure the temp coming out of the tail pipe? My biggest concern would be parking and idling over dry brush and starting a fire

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
what's the part number?
Apologies for not for providing the part number. My phone didn’t push the notifications out for these comments but I’m glad someone else provided it.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Anyone able to measure the temp coming out of the tail pipe? My biggest concern would be parking and idling over dry brush and starting a fire
I don’t think that would be too much of a concern.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Part Number: PT226-35241-AA

Tried ordering from a random dealer that had it discounted on their site, no dice. They ended up cancelling the order saying it was unavailable. Ordered again through a local dealer, no updates yet.
Someone else on a Facebook group told me this same thing. Maybe you? Lol

I find it odd I was able to get it. I called the dealership I ordered it from and they told me they couldn’t order it. A couple of days later I was browsing Toyota and saw I could order and I ordered it through the same dealer that told me they couldn’t order and I got it three days later.