Sponsored

Peak Suspension 2 Piece Trail Lift Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma Build (Supersonic Red)

Peak Suspension

BASIC Sponsor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Hi all, my name is Nick from Peak and I am who designed and produced this kit. This thread was brought to my attention so we joined this forum so I can weigh in a little and see how I can help.

We have been in testing on these for quite some time before ever releasing it to the public. We had the design concept created after our measuring session with the SEMA garage and then we were fortunate to borrow one of CBIā€™s trucks as they had one of the earliest ones.

My design philosophy behind our parts has always been function over form, with form following closely behind. The reason I say this is we are compared a lot to another brand or why we do things the way we do, and quite frankly I wanted to ensure that we focused on the performance of the suspension. This is the reason why our lift heights may not be as high as some of the competitors, but you will never see a post complaining about the ride quality or alignment issues like so many others.

As far as our top spacer design goes, it was designed with a couple things to take into consideration. The first thing to take into consideration is safety with thread engagement. I understand Michaelā€™s concerns, and we have spoke in length about it, however when it comes to safe operations of fasteners, 3 full thread engagements is all that is needed to be deemed safe, and we have more than that. These are simple, full thread flange nuts that come from the factory, and indeed work quite well. While they may ā€œlookā€ like they arenā€™t all the way tight, or a concern they can spin off, they wonā€™t. Additionally, as another user stated, loctite is a surefire way to add a little peace of mind.

To further touch on the stud portion, there are no forces at play that would be a reason for concern. The top mount is mounted against and through the frame, with zero play and thereā€™s no lateral forces being exerted on the studs to be a reason for fear. On top of that, even if a nut or all of the nuts would somehow spin off, the shock wouldnā€™t just fall out of the truck. Even at full droop, the shock would remain in place albeit make a bunch of noise but as far as a safety concern, there really isnā€™t any.

The second thing we consider is the overall height. As stated earlier, we may not be as high as the others and we did it this way intentionally. We chose a split spacer design to maintain proper shock shaft positioning (similar to other platforms we make parts for) as well proper ride quality. Anything higher will result in a poor ride quality and poor shock performance.

To touch on what someone had say earlier wishing there were close to 20,000 or 30,000 miles and we wish that too! The reality is these trucks just came out only a few months ago. Thereā€™s a handful of trucks nearing 10k with no issues and we would be completely open and honest if there was any cause for concern. We would not make a product we didnā€™t fully back and on top of that, we are always evolving. If we see a case for a design change or update, weā€™ll implement that into new production runs to always be improving.

As with all things, my ā€œdoor is always openā€ and I am happy to answer any questions directly or indirectly.

Thanks all for the support, looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Sponsored

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
Hi all, my name is Nick from Peak and I am who designed and produced this kit. This thread was brought to my attention so we joined this forum so I can weigh in a little and see how I can help.

We have been in testing on these for quite some time before ever releasing it to the public. We had the design concept created after our measuring session with the SEMA garage and then we were fortunate to borrow one of CBIā€™s trucks as they had one of the earliest ones.

My design philosophy behind our parts has always been function over form, with form following closely behind. The reason I say this is we are compared a lot to another brand or why we do things the way we do, and quite frankly I wanted to ensure that we focused on the performance of the suspension. This is the reason why our lift heights may not be as high as some of the competitors, but you will never see a post complaining about the ride quality or alignment issues like so many others.

As far as our top spacer design goes, it was designed with a couple things to take into consideration. The first thing to take into consideration is safety with thread engagement. I understand Michaelā€™s concerns, and we have spoke in length about it, however when it comes to safe operations of fasteners, 3 full thread engagements is all that is needed to be deemed safe, and we have more than that. These are simple, full thread flange nuts that come from the factory, and indeed work quite well. While they may ā€œlookā€ like they arenā€™t all the way tight, or a concern they can spin off, they wonā€™t. Additionally, as another user stated, loctite is a surefire way to add a little peace of mind.

To further touch on the stud portion, there are no forces at play that would be a reason for concern. The top mount is mounted against and through the frame, with zero play and thereā€™s no lateral forces being exerted on the studs to be a reason for fear. On top of that, even if a nut or all of the nuts would somehow spin off, the shock wouldnā€™t just fall out of the truck. Even at full droop, the shock would remain in place albeit make a bunch of noise but as far as a safety concern, there really isnā€™t any.

The second thing we consider is the overall height. As stated earlier, we may not be as high as the others and we did it this way intentionally. We chose a split spacer design to maintain proper shock shaft positioning (similar to other platforms we make parts for) as well proper ride quality. Anything higher will result in a poor ride quality and poor shock performance.

To touch on what someone had say earlier wishing there were close to 20,000 or 30,000 miles and we wish that too! The reality is these trucks just came out only a few months ago. Thereā€™s a handful of trucks nearing 10k with no issues and we would be completely open and honest if there was any cause for concern. We would not make a product we didnā€™t fully back and on top of that, we are always evolving. If we see a case for a design change or update, weā€™ll implement that into new production runs to always be improving.

As with all things, my ā€œdoor is always openā€ and I am happy to answer any questions directly or indirectly.

This is awesome, thank you for the reply and being attentive to the concerns of your customers. I have the kit ready to install, just waiting to get back from vacation. Looking forward to it!

quesabirria

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD ORP

Hi Nick,

For one, I wanted to say I'm a fan of a two-piece approach.
Adding 2-3 inches of height just from a pre-load collar is bound to change ride characteristics and reduce overall suspension travel.
Meanwhile, A two piece approach allows for a more centered shock shaft at ride height, more droop due to the top spacer, etc. Good stuff!

That said, I was looking into adding just the 1.25" lift spacer for now while I decide what direction I'd like to take my suspension. I'm hesitant having not seen any documentation regarding the fully compressed suspension with the spacer installed. Do you have any data showing that the external bump stops are fully engaging prior to the dampers reaching their maximum stroke with the spacer installed? I'm frequently on the bump stops in off-road scenarios in previous trucks I've owned and don't want to cause any damage in case things get a little rowdy.
(TRD Off-road with the red Bilsteins)

Thanks!

Edit: I saw another forum post claiming the new trucks are only internally bumped up front. Sure enough, I rolled under the truck to confirm. My question is now irrelevant! haha!

That said, are there any concerns with CV's at full droop with the spacer installed?

Last edited:

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
Hi Nick,

For one, I wanted to say I'm a fan of a two-piece approach.
Adding 2-3 inches of height just from a pre-load collar is bound to change ride characteristics and reduce overall suspension travel.
Meanwhile, A two piece approach allows for a more centered shock shaft at ride height, more droop due to the top spacer, etc. Good stuff!

That said, I was looking into adding just the 1.25" lift spacer for now while I decide what direction I'd like to take my suspension. I'm hesitant having not seen any documentation regarding the fully compressed suspension with the spacer installed. Do you have any data showing that the external bump stops are fully engaging prior to the dampers reaching their maximum stroke with the spacer installed? I'm frequently on the bump stops in off-road scenarios in previous trucks I've owned and don't want to cause any damage in case things get a little rowdy.
(TRD Off-road with the red Bilsteins)

Thanks!

Edit: I saw another forum post claiming the new trucks are only internally bumped up front. Sure enough, I rolled under the truck to confirm. My question is now irrelevant! haha!

That said, are there any concerns with CV's at full droop with the spacer installed?
Just a comment here. I also considered your question about the CV angle at full droop on my Off Road. These trucks were designed with the sway bar disconnect in mind to increase droop further. My Off Road does not have the disconnect (not sure about yours) so Iā€™ve reasoned that I canā€™t see a reason the increased droop from the top spacer would be a problem for the CV or ball joints.
Couple that with the shock integral bump stops and all of a sudden youā€™ve eliminated almost every downside of small spacer lifts on the 3rd gen.
Now if you have the sway bar disconnect thatā€™s a different kettle of fish, but Iā€™m loving how for a few hundred bucks you can have ample room to off road 33s. This 4th gen Off Road in stock form is a beast.

Peak Suspension

BASIC Sponsor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We always cycle test the suspension to see where any points engage or disengage with factory components, axle bind at droop, static axle angles, etc.

The Chevy's are far more sensitive to axle angle than the Toyota's are, by a long shot.

That being said, we took the 2 piece approach so we can maximize all the shock characteristics as you stated.

That being said, there are other brands to go for higher lift heights at the sacrifice of ride quality, we just aren't that company.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRD OR in LR, 24 TRD OR Underground Allocated
I have a kit for sale if anyone needs one, going different direction, as discussed in this thread its a better approach then some other "collar lift options"

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
Pretty happy with the 2 piece collar lift/level so far. Shop that did the install had no concerns with the threads. Alignment is normal without any issue. Provides a good lift in the front to level out the rake (especially evident on long beds) and drives like stock.

2024 Tacoma Peak Suspension 2 Piece Trail Lift Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma Build (Supersonic Red) IMG_6686

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
Pretty happy with the 2 piece collar lift/level so far. Shop that did the install had no concerns with the threads. Alignment is normal without any issue. Provides a good lift in the front to level out the rake (especially evident on long beds) and drives like stock.

IMG_6686.jpeg
Any rear lift here? Or is that just the 2.25ā€ front lift?

Sponsored

Ericscott21

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP

IMG_6686.jpeg
Is this perfectly level measurement wise? I am looking at this kit but am concerned the 2.25ā€ would make the truck look squatted with a short bed. Thanks!

taco.b0ut.it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Off-Road Long Bed
Is this perfectly level measurement wise? I am looking at this kit but am concerned the 2.25ā€ would make the truck look squatted with a short bed. Thanks!
I haven't measured it, I can try when I get the chance, but it appears pretty level. There are alot of guys running this on the regular short bed and nobody has complaint.

Peak Suspension

BASIC Sponsor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our kit has .25" of rake in the back still. If we go any higher, the shocks seem to be out of their functional operating zone

Peak Suspension

BASIC Sponsor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, we have been getting a lot of emails from concerned citizens over the thread engagement, and we have more updates.

We decided that the factory nuts were still the best option because they are fully threaded. As you can see in the photo, the nuts are fully seated, fully threaded, torqued to spec and have minor stud intrusion still.

For some reason there's a belief that you have to have the stud sticking out past the nuts and that's simply not true.

2024 Tacoma Peak Suspension 2 Piece Trail Lift Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma Build (Supersonic Red) TacomaTopNuts

2024 Tacoma Peak Suspension 2 Piece Trail Lift Kit installed on 2024 Tacoma Build (Supersonic Red) TacomaTopNuts