Sponsored

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Do you not have the homelink buttons on your rearview mirror for programming garage door openers etc?
Someone can bust out your side window without setting off the alarm and reach in there and hit the Homelink button, open your garage door and come in and do whatever whenever. I never use the Homelink. Maybe now they've disabled it when the ignition is off but I doubt it. I don't know. What I've done in the past was similar to what this OP did except I used a momentary contact button. It was hidden in the dash so if somebody broke in, they wouldn't have found it. Here's a YouTube video on how to do that....
Hidden garage door button
Sponsored

W0xie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport 4x4
That looks great. The blank next to the bed light switch is just about the right size for the standard momentary rocker switch.
2024 Tacoma Garage door opener mod: installed as dash button (in 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport) IMG_0042

2024 Tacoma Garage door opener mod: installed as dash button (in 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport) IMG_0043

TacoGomez

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
The angled panel underneath, with the bigger switches slides up towards you. You then have access to the blanks from under them.
I’m following your design but am having trouble (nervous about breaking something) removing the angled panel. Do I pry it out or is there a trick? Thanks for any help

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tacoflvrd

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
I’m following your design but am having trouble (nervous about breaking something) removing the angled panel. Do I pry it out or is there a trick? Thanks for any help
So you kind of have to pull down on it slightly while you also pull it up towards you. It slides out and up.

TacoGomez

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
So you kind of have to pull down on it slightly while you also pull it up towards you. It slides out and up.
Got it! Thank you. I ordered the button from aliexpress. Great idea and it looks great
2024 Tacoma Garage door opener mod: installed as dash button (in 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport) IMG_4457

OP
OP
Tacoflvrd

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Got it! Thank you. I ordered the button from aliexpress. Great idea and it looks great
IMG_4457.jpeg
Looks good. I may go and order that as I want to use the flux capacitor switch for something else.

TacoGomez

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Looks good. I may go and order that as I want to use the flux capacitor switch for something else.
Did you run power to the opener or just keep using buttons? I ordered a power converter but it hasn’t arrived yet. Not sure I’ll bother with it until the battery dies

TacoGomez

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Did you run power to the opener or just keep using buttons? I ordered a power converter but it hasn’t arrived yet. Not sure I’ll bother with it until the battery dies
Not buttons, I meant battey

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tacoflvrd

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Not buttons, I meant battey
No I just left it with using the battery in the remote. I figure it will last quite a while and don’t mind changing it out every once in a while. It’s easy enough to get to.

dvrgz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Long Bed
I wanted to get rid of my garage door opener on my visor and hide it with an oem looking button. Since I’ve got lots of poverty buttons, I have plenty of space.

I couldn’t find a momentary “Garage Door” button. So, I order a “Flux Reactor” 20x20 butting from caliraised led. I ordered a two pack of garage door openers from Amazon and opened one up. I’m pretty terrible with electrical so just stripped the wires I needed and touched them to different legs on the switch until the led lit up.

once the rain stops later this week I plan to wire up the switch for the backlight led.
IMG_7183.jpeg

IMG_7172.jpeg

IMG_7171.jpeg

IMG_7174.jpeg

IMG_7177.jpeg
Did you order that flux capacitor button and light bar button? If so where did you get it ?
Sponsored