Sponsored

First i-Force Max Review - Questionable Power

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
When did the validation of other people's opinions become a requirement to spend the money that you earned yourself? If you want a particular trim buy it. Too many people are worried about what others say and/or think. Be your own individual and not feed into the hivemind.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I saw a Youtube video yesterday titled "The New Tacomas are junk - but a Ranger instead".

Right, buy a Ranger from Ford, whose CEO said last year they will be going out of business unless they can improve quality and stop bleeding warranty money.

But 4th gen Tacos are junk produced by the highest quality brand on the planet. This is what happens when you don't do your own research and just buy whatever crap someone is selling.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Considering half of their list is made up, I’d suggest you do your own research.

this dude said payload is less? It’s higher
Truth!

I could refute most of that list with cold facts, but why bother. If you let someone else do your thinking for you then you get what you deserve.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Considering half of their list is made up, I’d suggest you do your own research.

this dude said payload is less? It’s higher
I didn’t see enough difference to pay the extra money. I’m sure others will. If that’s the case go for it. It’s still a free country(s).

Sponsored

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I didn’t see enough difference to pay the extra money. I’m sure others will. If that’s the case go for it. It’s still a free country(s).
im not sure what being a free country has anything to do with me pointing out that the payload is higher not lower.

just correcting false info

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
im not sure what being a free country has anything to do with me pointing out that the payload is higher not lower.

just correcting false info
I didn’t look at the hybrid because it didn’t really help with fuel economy and the ICE engine gave me enough HP and torque. I’m not towing anything anymore. Reduced rear storage was another reason. So I saved my money.

Like I said others can do whatever they want.

Does that make sense?

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I'll spend my money however I want, and those jackwagons on YouTube aren't worth my time. I don't even click the video if the title is clickbait nonsense.

You know what dictates how I spend my money? Prior experience. Every Toyota my family has ever owned has been mechanically perfect. The same can't be said for the Fords and Volkswagens we've owned. With my last Ford, there was always a list of 6-10 items to address with every oil change, not to mention the headache of dealing with my nickel-and-diming dealership. Example: 6 months into ownership, the exhaust FELL OFF. Bad bolt. They wanted to charge me $90 for it. With my last VW (of 3 I owned), the electrical issues and maintenance costs were off the charts. Based on those experiences, I will never buy one of those manufacturers again.

I know there's lemons with every manufacturer, but I'll trust my family's personal experience over some "influencer" any day of the week.

Having said all that, I've never owned a Chevy, but my neighbor's Trail Boss is freaking nice. Let's see which of our trucks has more issues!

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
I didn’t look at the hybrid because it didn’t really help with fuel economy and the ICE engine gave me enough HP and torque. I’m not towing anything anymore. Reduced rear storage was another reason. So I saved my money.

Like I said others can do whatever they want.

Does that make sense?
again, I was simply correcting the false info that the payload is less. I don’t care what you do with your money or what you buy which is why I was taken back by the free country comment. I am simply informing others of the incorrect information.

Does that make sense?

Fly-by-Night

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Upgrade Package, Underground
Obviously anyone who bought or is buying a TRD PRO/TH, or any other variant of the hybrid is going to defend their purchase. Nobody wants to admit the Hybrid powertrain offers marginal benifit at best. I won't even elaborate on the negatives such as added weight, a battery that starts to degrade on day 1 (it may take 10 years to fail but it will get weaker with each passing year) added driveline complexity, less storage space in the second row, reduced payload and towing capacity to name a few.
This is a modest sized Hybrid battery that will stay depleted under heavy load such as towing because it has no opportunity to charge when it is constantly in use.

Tacoma's, hybrid or not are slow. Any mommie in her kid hauler is going to own you at the stop light no matter what you do. Times in the 7's are slow. Fast cars are sub 4 second 0-60 and run 1/4 mile in the 12's.

I am not a fan of the Hybrid Tacoma as you can probably tell but those that choose to buy one obviously feel differently and I respect their choice to do so.
Last I check the Taco is NOT a plug in Hybird. Have a 2023 Corolla Cross Hybird and that's not a plug in. The system is a self contained system charging itself
by the gas engine and regenerative braking. Not only do you get more HP and Torque you also get an increase in MPH

Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
again, I was simply correcting the false info that the payload is less. I don’t care what you do with your money or what you buy which is why I was taken back by the free country comment. I am simply informing others of the incorrect information.

Does that make sense?
It was nice meeting you.

have a good day

OP
OP

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
Why is this even titled first review when there are countless reviews already posted a while ago?
Not for the Hybrid. The only thing out right now for the hybrid is the press event drive. That is not a review.

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I'll spend my money however I want, and those jackwagons on YouTube aren't worth my time. I don't even click the video if the title is clickbait nonsense.

You know what dictates how I spend my money? Prior experience. Every Toyota my family has ever owned has been mechanically perfect. The same can't be said for the Fords and Volkswagens we've owned. With my last Ford, there was always a list of 6-10 items to address with every oil change, not to mention the headache of dealing with my nickel-and-diming dealership. Example: 6 months into ownership, the exhaust FELL OFF. Bad bolt. They wanted to charge me $90 for it. With my last VW (of 3 I owned), the electrical issues and maintenance costs were off the charts. Based on those experiences, I will never buy one of those manufacturers again.

I know there's lemons with every manufacturer, but I'll trust my family's personal experience over some "influencer" any day of the week.

Having said all that, I've never owned a Chevy, but my neighbor's Trail Boss is freaking nice. Let's see which of our trucks has more issues!
I’ve had the same experience with a toyota sienna. Had good luck with my F150 too.

But Toyota does have a great reputation for a reason

Fly-by-Night

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Upgrade Package, Underground
Not for the Hybrid. The only thing out right now for the hybrid is the press event drive. That is not a review.
posted 2 months ago
Sponsored