Sponsored

How far can 2024 Tacoma drive with the low fuel light on?

BlackTaco

First Name
BlackTaco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco OR

The gas station near me is 10 km away.

No low fuel warning sound?

I usually don’t check the multi-information display, and suddenly found that only 1 km left to empty.

2024 Tacoma How far can 2024 Tacoma drive with the low fuel light on? IMG_8086
Sponsored

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
Some people claim that there is as much as 4 gallons of fuel left, but I'd beg a gallon from someone before I headed out. Let us know how many gallons it takes to fill up afterwards.

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
When mine goes "Low Fuel" I fill up. It is always around 15 gallons to fill up. So, you have somewhere near 3 gallons left. I don't push it, but if you are feeling froggy, head to a gas station 50 miles away and see if you make it. 😜

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR

The gas station near me is 10 km away.

No low fuel warning sound?

I usually don’t check the multi-information display, and suddenly found that only 1 km left to empty.

IMG_8086.jpeg
Op can we get an update? Are you stranded somewhere? 😉

Sponsored

Toy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I drove 50 miles distance on the interstate at about 75 MPH with cruise control on after the gas range went to "0" before. Scary feeling but I was glad I made it to a gas station.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
My Tundra has a 26.4 gallon fuel tank and even when I drive it past when it says it is totally empty, the most I have ever been able to put in was about 20 gallons.

I think Toyota is way conservative on their fuel estimates in all models, and that makes the Taco seem to have less range than it really does.

soupy1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR Long Bed
When mine goes "Low Fuel" I fill up. It is always around 15 gallons to fill up. So, you have somewhere near 3 gallons left. I don't push it, but if you are feeling froggy, head to a gas station 50 miles away and see if you make it. 😜
This is going to annoy the bejeesus out of me when I get mine (end of July). The gas gauge on my 2013 is spot on. If I fill up when it says quarter tank, it takes ~16 gallons. It's going to take a lot of retraining for me to let it go down to the "low fuel" warning before filling up. I wonder if there's an "honest fuel gauge" setting somewhere.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
My Tundra has a 26.4 gallon fuel tank and even when I drive it past when it says it is totally empty, the most I have ever been able to put in was about 20 gallons.

I think Toyota is way conservative on their fuel estimates in all models, and that makes the Taco seem to have less range than it really does.
My 2013 Tundra was the same.. Drove 75 miles after the fuel light came on! Filled 25.2 gallons..

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I don't think the range is going to bother me all that much, because I have never had much trouble with the range of my 2nd gen Tundra.

My Tundra's 26.4 gallon tank @ 14 mpg combined makes for a range of 369 miles. The 4th gen hybrid's 18 gallon tank @ 22 mpg combined should give us about 396 miles, so for me it might actually be an improvement. :cool: .

Last edited:

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
at least 2 gallons left when the range estimator goes to zero. I usually hit zero range that 320 miles and refill usually around 350

2TR-FE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma SR5
My 3rd gen is also way too conservative. My light comes on when I still have about 60 miles left. I have a 21.2 gallon tank and when the light comes on; I usually only fill 18.5 back to full.
Sponsored