Sponsored

Ordered my 1st ever Toyota - 2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium, and starting to worry 😬

TrustButVerify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
This is exactly the issue. With the exception of the Frontier, which everyone wants to praise but won't actually buy, the truck is completely in line with other manufacturers. For the Canyon and Colorado, there is now a $10k package that brings the price to around $66k, which is the same price as a PRO. The Canyon Denali is $55k, the same price as a non-hybrid Limited. Go down the model range, and it all plays out the same. They're just mad because their moms said "No."
I shopped a Frontier before getting a Tacoma. The Frontier came in a fair bit cheaper, until you start adding things to the Frontier -- and then you end up with Tacoma pricing. For instance, the standard Frontier bed is plain metal, not composite. The towing package is not a standard feature. The equivalent of the TRD OR is the Pro-4x, which doesn't come in a 6' bed. Etc. The base model Frontier, just if you want a simple work truck, is cheaper than a Tacoma on a more established platform. But everything on up starts getting expensive. I was about to pull the trigger on a bespoke Frontier made to order, but the OTD price was nearly identical to a Tacoma but with a lower resale value.

2024 Tacoma Ordered my 1st ever Toyota - 2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium, and starting to worry 😬 Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 5.45.36 AM

2024 Tacoma Ordered my 1st ever Toyota - 2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium, and starting to worry 😬 Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 5.45.36 AM

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I shopped a Frontier before getting a Tacoma. The Frontier came in a fair bit cheaper, until you start adding things to the Frontier -- and then you end up with Tacoma pricing. For instance, the standard Frontier bed is plain metal, not composite. The towing package is not a standard feature. The equivalent of the TRD OR is the Pro-4x, which doesn't come in a 6' bed. Etc. The base model Frontier, just if you want a simple work truck, is cheaper than a Tacoma on a more established platform. But everything on up starts getting expensive. I was about to pull the trigger on a bespoke Frontier made to order, but the OTD price was nearly identical to a Tacoma but with a lower resale value.
I've looked at Frontiers and they are a fine truck. I like Toyota's better. It's that simple.

Sponsored

xraided

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 6MT TRD Sport/06 BSP Xrunner (RIP)
I would like to get those also.

Hopefully I can sell my Pro's fake rock sliders.
If I had the Pro, I wouldnt get these, I takes practice to get in & out efficiently. I like them for the looks. I highly recommend finding another truck that has them and seeing how it feels to get in and out of the truck before you purchase them, the 600 bucks could definitely go to a more ergonomic pair.
She’s in!!!

IMG_8990.jpeg
IMG_8993.jpeg
IMG_8992.jpeg
Hell ya!! what do you want to do it first?

OP
OP

KRiMZoN

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium
[QUOTE="Hell ya!! what do you want to do it first?
[/QUOTE]
I need to get a tonneau cover asap. Toyota said they sell one ( hard top ) - the sales manager said it was $1,800.00 and that seemed high to me so trying to figure out my best option

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
got the 6ft off road w most features and I heart it…no regrets, ppl be hating on the price(uh inflation?) and untested turbo but technology has advanced so much that you should be worrying less, not more…I would check the top bed liner though on your new truck, I’ve seen plenty, including mine that have a slight lift at the end of it. For some reason it bothers me so much that I’ve been complaining and will eventually take it up to whoever it needs to fix this issue, ( i made a post on here about it)…I say enjoy it, double check the whole truck for small details…lastly, I feel like the seats could be more comfortable but I think this is best looking mid size truck ever(so far) ha..

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
If I had the Pro, I wouldn't get these, I takes practice to get in & out efficiently.
Thanks for that tip. I am not sure I will want to add steps, and if I do, I'm still not sure exactly what I will end up getting. But I do like how those look.

Fly-by-Night

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Upgrade Package, Underground
Now step back from the screen and turn off Youtube. Here one thing to keep in mind these review/opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one even on here.
I will always remember this quote from the "Car Care Nut" Channel on YouTube. He said these are imperfect vehicles built by imperfect humans. I have owned GM Trucks since the early 90's and weeks ago I took delivery of my 2024 TRD Sport.
I watched many videos on the new Taco and saw the positive and negative on it. On one of the videos I asked the guy doing the review what he drove. He said he drove an 07 Ford F-150. On some of the life long Taco owners reviews, their biggest bitch was no V-6 and the price jump.
You need to OK with what you are buying and if you are not just cancel the deal. If it's like my dealer nothing above an SR5 sits on the lot longer than a week.

2023 Corolla Cross XSE and now a 2024 Taco TRD Sport with Upgrade Package

Sponsored

AirForce24

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport Tacoma
I would like to get those also.

Hopefully I can sell my Pro's fake rock sliders.
I received a good discount due to the 4th of July event. Don’t know how long it will last. I did notice each dealership had different pricing and discounts. We have three dealerships and each one had different discounts. Shop all your Toyota dealerships for the best price.

Duck Amuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road/17 MINI Cooper Clubman S
I need to get a tonneau cover asap. Toyota said they sell one ( hard top ) - the sales manager said it was $1,800.00 and that seemed high to me so trying to figure out my best option
I ordered mine from Bison, about $700 delivered. Seems to be the best option here in Canada, so far at least. It should be here next week, I will report back once it's installed.

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
I honestly think TFL had an issue, that video got a ton of views, so all the other You Tubers decided the way to get clicks was to point of every single flaw. All I know is, I'm the annoying guy who asks everyone I see with a 4th gen "how do you like your truck", every person says they love it. Side note, most of them say the ride is fantastic without me even asking.

I was disappointed in the hybrid price and the mpgs that came with it. By the time they released those numbers though, I just decided I would wait for the 2025s for different colors and maybe they would rework some of the packages. If it weren't for the late release of those numbers, I would be driving one myself.

I don't care that it has a 4cylinder (although I do wish that resulted in better mpgs), the backseat is tight, and I can't argue that they're pricey...other than that, it's a great truck.
Sponsored