Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Massive hood shake on mine when taken off road for the first time.
I have watched videos of Pros shot from the driver's perspective while driving fast off road. Now that I think about it, none of them showed any visible hood shake.

If Toyota can make the press car's hoods not shake, then they should be able to do that for those of us paying the bills.
Sponsored

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
Hey y’all! New to this forum, but just picked up my TRD Pro yesterday by complete luck. Have been looking at a OR for a while but called a dealer that had one listed in transit for quite a while and they walked out and were just as dumbfounded as me that it had arrived. So I somehow got the first test drive with 5 miles on the odometer and ended up dealing the deal later that day.
IMG_4798.jpeg
Picked mine up in Maryland too! Did you pick it up Sheehy Laurel? They were asking like $10k over markup. I bought mine af Waldorf for MSRP.

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
Picked it up on Wednesday! Got it at MSRP locally in Maryland. Hood definitely shakes quite a bit…still need to take some time to figure out the suspension and the seats. Ordered Triplealiners bed mat and floor mats. Also ordered the OEM dashcam and the matte black “TRD PRO” lettering. Loving it so far!

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro deliveries have begun it appears! IMG_0729

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Picked mine up in Maryland too! Did you pick it up Sheehy Laurel? They were asking like $10k over markup. I bought mine af Waldorf for MSRP.
Hey fellow MDer! I did pick it up at Sheehy in Laurel, and yes they were trying to sell it over. I was able to get them down a lot, and knock off some of the BS. Haha! I was looking at the one in Waldorf online too, but never made it down there to see it. Glad someone you were able to snag it.

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
Hey fellow MDer! I did pick it up at Sheehy in Laurel, and yes they were trying to sell it over. I was able to get them down a lot, and knock off some of the BS. Haha! I was looking at the one in Waldorf online too, but never made it down there to see it. Glad someone you were able to snag it.
Yeah, I went there just to check it out a Terra one but they did a bait and switch on me. It wasn’t even there but they pulled a OTD price of $82k! I had a deposit on Waldorfs first allocation 3 months ago so it’s been a long wait - they played no games - MSRP and done ✅

Sponsored

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
Yeah, I went there just to check it out a Terra one but they did a bait and switch on me. It wasn’t even there but they pulled a OTD price of $82k! I had a deposit on Waldorfs first allocation 3 months ago so it’s been a long wait - they played no games - MSRP and done ✅
Im hoping I get mine next week. Did your dealer update you when your truck got on the boat and off the boat (separately)? Or was it "hey its at the dealer after waiting a while?

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
Im hoping I get mine next week. Did your dealer update you when your truck got on the boat and off the boat (separately)? Or was it "hey its at the dealer after waiting a while?
He told me when it was freight status and when the 3rd party truck company was scheduled to pick the truck up. Delivery was bumped a few times but the last 2 dates were 7/03-7/08 delivery and it got delivered on 07/10.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Wow - Sheehy is a tough sell. I found a dealer where I am getting my PRO selling at MSRP and with Virginia's 4% sales it should be around $70k out the door. Hard to believe that is a deal on a midsize these days, but I think it is. If I spent $82k I couldn't afford to do all the things I have planned for mine.

I hope your truck arrives soon @WhiteLightning.

Last edited:

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if the 24 Tacoma (maybe specific to higher trims) has the ability to show oil %?

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Holy shit! Love how these dealerships just throw in whatever they can to earn more money. They hit me with 76k initially but I told them what I wanted it at and once I got to the finance guy and walked out on him twice, the 3rd time he called me back in it was at MSRP. Glad you didn’t have to fight for the right to buy yours at the actual price it is supposed to be sold at.

Sponsored

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
Have you guys started to play with the fox suspension yet? Wondering what the best setting is (1-3) for daily street use. Need to figure out the iso - dynamic seats as well.
I have no idea how to turn my light bar on either. I think I have to be in a specific mode to turn them on?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Sheldon Brown commented that the best Fox shock setting for the road was 1. He then said you could dial it up to 2 or 3 depending on how you were going to use the truck off road.

I look forward to playing with those seats, and I will just start at what is recommended for my size. Then I can see how it changes with different pressures.

How many trucks let you tune your seats? That should be fun just sorting that part out.

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you guys started to play with the fox suspension yet? Wondering what the best setting is (1-3) for daily street use. Need to figure out the iso - dynamic seats as well.
I have no idea how to turn my light bar on either. I think I have to be in a specific mode to turn them on?
They only turn on with the brights. Did you get a chart that helps you put the correct psi in the seats?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
light bar can only be turned on when high beams are on

i've yet to mess with my suspension or seats, but i need to

also my tire pressure is at 43 from the dealer, so i need to bring it down a bit for a smoother ride

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
They only turn on with the brights. Did you get a chart that helps you put the correct psi in the seats?
I honestly haven’t had the time to look at any of the manuals due to work. I’ll definitely play around with it tomorrow.

Speaking of PSI…the dealership also had my tires PSI at 49 when I took delivery. It drove so bad when I took it off the lot and quickly found out the PSI. I had to find a gas station to air it down to 35
Sponsored