Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
I have found that since TPMS most vehicles leave the dealership with over or way over inflated tire pressure. Clueless owners will freak when the low tire pressure comes on and this way it will never happen. Of course you are right @entropy - that makes the ride much harder than it needs to be and the best pressure for most use is what Toyota recommends..
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
Hey y’all! New to this forum, but just picked up my TRD Pro yesterday by complete luck. Have been looking at a OR for a while but called a dealer that had one listed in transit for quite a while and they walked out and were just as dumbfounded as me that it had arrived. So I somehow got the first test drive with 5 miles on the odometer and ended up dealing the deal later that day.
IMG_4798.jpeg
what did you do for the front plate?

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
I have found that since TPMS most vehicles leave the dealership with over or way over inflated tire pressure. Clueless owners will freak when the low tire pressure comes on and this way it will never happen. Of course you are right @entropy - that makes the ride much harder than it needs to be and the best pressure for most use is what Toyota recommends..
Why do the dealerships even over inflate the tires?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
I have seen hood shake complaints on 4th gens with and without the hood scoop. I have seen complaints from some OR owner and also SR5s. That makes me wonder if it is an assembly issue, and not the scoop. Here is a complaint about that on an OR: https://www.4thgentacoma.com/threads/common-toyota-tacoma-problems.77/?post_id=5899#post-5899

Some 3rd gen owners found that the adhesive attaching the bracing under the hood had failed. When that was fixed the shaking stopped. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/hood-vibration-fixed.468042/

Has anyone gotten any feedback from their dealers except that the shake is just a Toyota trait? Dealers have been telling owners that since the 2nd gen in my experience. My 2nd gen had a scoop and it was the only trim that didn't seem to do it.

As @Tom Sellick said, get me my truck and I will be happy to add to the discussion.
mine also has massive hood shake, i noticed it a ton on the road on the way back from the dealer.

i think the overinflated tires definitely added to the problem, but it did seem not-normal. ive gotten used to it but i'd prefer it get fixed if possible

Sponsored

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
My tires were under inflated (30PSI) vs where I prefer, (35-37 PSI) I inflated to 35 and the steering is more responsive with less sidewall flex.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
don't think i ever posted mine, got it a couple of weeks back on June 21st

PXL_20240625_203142410.jpg
PXL_20240626_215443458.MP.jpg
PXL_20240625_214507897.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240625_203150635.jpg
Terra looks great on this truck! Wasn’t sure I’d like it, based on seeing the Terra Tundra Pro, but the family loves it. Everyone that’s seen it in person likes it too.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
Sheldon Brown commented that the best Fox shock setting for the road was 1. He then said you could dial it up to 2 or 3 depending on how you were going to use the truck off road.

I look forward to playing with those seats, and I will just start at what is recommended for my size. Then I can see how it changes with different pressures.

How many trucks let you tune your seats? That should be fun just sorting that part out.
I was a little surprised at the suggestion of suspension setting 1 for on road, but the trucks are delivered at setting 2.
I plan to experiment with tire PSI and suspension combinations. Of course, the feel will change again once the stock tires are replaced.

Sponsored
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
what did you do for the front plate?
So the dealership brought out impacts and we’re running around while I had another employee walking me through the Toyota app and connecting my phone, so I missed what they did to actually install. I’m assuming there was predrilled holes, it was still scary seeing them run around me and the brand new truck with power tools haha.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
I was a little surprised at the suggestion of suspension setting 1 for on road, but the trucks are delivered at setting 2.
I had read that they all come at setting 2 and I am just passing along what Sheldon Brown said. In a video he was asked that specific question and said that he prefers setting 1 for on road. It is nice we can play around with that and get exactly what we want.

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Yeah I was happily surprised on the size of the Pro. I have a slightly lifted Grand Cherokee and it’s got inches on it. Guess I should check the actual height before I start parking it in low rise parking garages.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro deliveries have begun it appears! IMG_4793

YourOnlineHero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
“Mid size truck” next to a full size Tundra

IMG_2696.jpeg
The more pictures I see of the Tacoma TRD PRO’s the more I’m falling in love with this beauty. Very clean ice cap white Tacoma TRD PRO. Congrats!
Sponsored