Sponsored

AC dripping cold water in drivers side floor?

dspencer40

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma offroad
I was wondering the same. The part is supposed to arrive today and the Truck should be fixed sometime next week. My concern on fixing it is will the Tech be able to fix it without messing something else up. The dealership told me they have never done this before which gives me cause for concern.
did your part come in yet ?
Sponsored

skunion1987

First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 toyota tacoma
my air condition is doing the same thing- sport trim been in the shop since june 15th, purchased on may 26th. says part delivery on july 1st. hate to think my entire dash is getting ripped out to replace this part. wish they would just swap my truck with the same trim and get my truck back.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Wow - that evaporator screw up is going to cost Toyota a ton in both money and customer satisfaction. Toyota might be better off to just stop sales until they can deliver trucks without this problem. You have to think that there are a lot more out there, just from the sample on this forum.

I guess even Toyota can't get it all right, all the time.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
I have an appointment Monday for this water drip on foot near gas pedal. I love this truck my dripping was noticed at 400 miles and I tried to replicate the dripping and at 1200 miles have not been able to make it reoccur. I will find out more have it documented and really hope it was just condensation from opening windows at sunset in extreme humidity After driving around for hours with AC on.

Sponsored

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
I have an appointment Monday for this water drip on foot near gas pedal. I love this truck my dripping was noticed at 400 miles and I tried to replicate the dripping and at 1200 miles have not been able to make it reoccur. I will find out more have it documented and really hope it was just condensation from opening windows at sunset in extreme humidity After driving around for hours with AC on.
If this is the same issue the rest of us are having look up under dash with your phone camera to the right of the gas peddle and take a photo (1st photo). If you see a crack on the piece that has the fins on it like in the photo then yes it is probably the same issue. (2nd photo)

Screenshot_20240706_122106_Chrome.jpg

20240527_154658.jpg

Last edited:

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
Went to dealership for appointment about drips by gas pedal. No cracks! no clogging or pinching in vent tube. Toyota opened a case and it has been documented. I am so happy and relieved. I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Willberg

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Premium
I have 2024 Tacoma Sport Premium Package. I’ve been feeling water dripping for a while now but didn’t think much of it until I decided to look it up today and found out this is the issue. I attached a photo of mine and it definitely looks to be the same issue. I called my sales person and she said the service department will be calling me soon. 2 hours and still waiting.
IMG_3392.png

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Yeah - yours won't be the first that Toyota had to replace for that problem. It takes a lot of time to R&R that and it must be costing them a pretty penny for something that is most likely sloppy assembly.

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I'd be curious to know the first 3 VIN digits of the affected trucks to see which plant they're coming out of - kinda have a hunch, but would be interesting to see.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Wow - another one! This cluster is going to end up costing Toyota a lot!

I would also be interested to see if there are more from one of the plants than the other.

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Just for reference - I seem to have gotten lucky and purchased a 3TM off of a lot and have had zero issues in 3 months/4000 miles. No promises of not having issues, but nothing so far.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I have not seen anything comprehensive on which of the two plants produce more defects, but I know some problems, like the tailgate gap seem more common in trucks from Tijuana than Guanajuato. I would guess 3TM might have fewer problems because that is where the top trims are all being made, but that is just a wild ass guess.

I guarantee that Toyota knows but they aren't talking. :)