Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Tacoma TRD Off Road
There were 3 options I had for mounting the ARB Twin Air Compressor on the Tacoma OR and ended up deciding on the sub frame by the spare tire. The time consuming part was extending the wire harness which I did 20ft for the battery harness and 10ft for the switch harness. This was a bit too much since it left me with 3-4ft of slack at each harness. This had to be done since the compressor is mounted by the spare tire. Once I figured out where the cab fuse panel was, I just had to figure out what fuses to use for power and illumination to the ARB switch. I had to extend the blue & orange wires from the switch harness to get them to reach from the driver side kick panel to the passenger side kick panel since this is where the cab fuse panel is. I routed it via under the dash, plenty of space. For the illumination wire(blue) I tapped into the 10A Backup Lamp. For the power wire(Red) I tapped into the 10A ISB No2. I recorded the process and uploaded the video to YouTube. Towards the end of the video I point out all four fuse panel locations on the Tacoma OR. Hopefully you guys find this helpful.

Instagram
@grayish_taco
YouTube
grayish_taco

2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5209
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5197
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5157
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5198
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5203
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5204
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5208
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5199
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5201
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5202
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5195
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5194
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5212
Sponsored

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback, 2024 TRD OR Tacoma
Pretty rad - not gonna lie

OP
OP
UndergroundTRD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Tacoma TRD Off Road
I had to figure something out, lol. I couldn’t be without on board air!

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Thanks for posting. I'm going to try and fit my single ARB in the slot under the hood. I've got the compressor, I just need the choo-choo to speed up and deliver my truck. :cool:

OP
OP
UndergroundTRD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Tacoma TRD Off Road
Thanks for posting. I'm going to try and fit my single ARB in the slot under the hood. I've got the compressor, I just need the choo-choo to speed up and deliver my truck. :cool:
if your mounting the single ARB under the hood by the driver side fuse box it will fit perfectly with plenty of room to spare. I originally wanted it there but it was too tight for the twin.

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Nice job.

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
clean install looks great, I would definitely consider doing this over the oem truck bed compressor

any concerns with it being exposed to dust/dirt/mud under the truck bed?

OP
OP
UndergroundTRD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Tacoma TRD Off Road
clean install looks great, I would definitely consider doing this over the oem truck bed compressor

any concerns with it being exposed to dust/dirt/mud under the truck bed?
I’m not too concern with dust since I can just blow air on to it once in a while through the visual point on top by the rear driver tire. Regarding mud usually it gets caked right behind each tire on to the chassi, it doesn’t get up there next to the spare tire. Either way installing some type of shielding doesn’t hurt, in case a rock or something ricochets towards it. Something like the photo below, just with flaps on all four sides… IDK, still thinking about it.
2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire IMG_5224

Sponsored

Taconatron

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Did you consider the rear bed like the trailhunter is? I believe on the driver side near the tailgate.

OP
OP
UndergroundTRD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ Tacoma TRD Off Road
Did you consider the rear bed like the trailhunter is? I believe on the driver side near the tailgate.
On my 3rd Gen tacoma I had the ARB air compressor mounted in the bed on the passenger side storage compartment. I used the expedition essentials kit and it was good up until I started getting more into overlanding. I installed a bed topper but having a compressor inside where you sleep or not being able to block that space with anything it becomes a struggle, specially on a 5ft bed. So this time I knew I had to mount it in the exterior. Honestly if anyone is using their truck to go Offroad or occasionally go camping etc, where you don’t block that cubby, the expedition essentials kit is the best option out there. I think that’s where Toyota got the idea from.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I'm working on installing my single ARB compressor aft of the ECU under the hood. Plenty of room. Here's my 3D printer cranking out a 22-hour bracket. I'm using ABS filament to deal with the heat. It's printing at 70% infill using a gyroid pattern.

There's a lotta meat in this thing. The platform is 1/2" thick. Plan A was to weld one up, but I think this will work fine. If I'm satisfied, I'll upload the file to Thingiverse.

2024 Tacoma Installed ARB air compressor in 2024 Tacoma OR -- on subframe by spare tire gntac4s
Sponsored