Sponsored

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
Looked like a few other interesting finds, as well. Haven’t finished watching the whole thing.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited iForce Max
He needs to look at a production truck. The pre-production version is going to be sloppy in spots.

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
He needs to look at a production truck. The pre-production version is going to be sloppy in spots.
It definitely was not a production truck by any means. I have seen others review the pro who are about his same height (motor maggie for example) has her seat in a comfortable position and there was a ton of room in the back of the Pro.

Spacious room at 8:06

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
take a look at the trim around the iso shocks, its textured, that's a production seat/truck.

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
It definitely was not a production truck by any means. I have seen others review the pro who are about his same height (motor maggie for example) has her seat in a comfortable position and there was a ton of room in the back of the Pro.

Spacious room at 8:06
Spacious 🤣

WhiteLightning

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
Beggars cant be choosers... I dont mind compromising a less comfortable seat position when I do eventually have kids and need to make a little room for a rear facing seat or car seat.
take a look at the trim around the iso shocks, its textured, that's a production seat/truck.
I did not notice that, appreciate the insight. I wanna bet they made a few slight changes to pre production trucks to alleviate the intruding area to rear seat leg room.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Beggars cant be choosers... I dont mind compromising a less comfortable seat position when I do eventually have kids and need to make a little room for a rear facing seat or car seat.

I did not notice that, appreciate the insight. I wanna bet they made a few slight changes to pre production trucks to alleviate the intruding area to rear seat leg room.
I’m just jealous… The PRO is pretty damn nice!

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I appreciate the honest reviewers. So many things to like about the new 4G Tacoma, but the few misses are big ones for the price and that’s why I haven’t ordered one. The rear seat legroom (or rather the lack of it) is the biggest fail by far for me. I’m not a huge guy either (5’8” and 205 lbs) and was really disappointed this past weekend spending 10-15 minutes in a TRD Off-road iforce-Max hybrid.

When I first got in, the front seat was set all the way down and biased toward the rear. I jumped in the rear seat and was shocked how little leg room there was and I could barely fit my feet under the front seat. So back to the driver seat to set for my personal preference. I like a forward and upright driving position like a rally driver. I set the drivers seat to max height, moved forward some and set the telescoping steering wheel all the way toward the dash and tilted the bottom of the wheel up to max. Take two on back seat… a fair amount of legroom and feet could then freely slide under the front seat. My driving position seemed comfortable and provided best visibility over the hood. My only complaint was entering/exiting the seat with little room between the bottom of the steering wheel and the seat (pitching my right thigh between the two). My teenagers are both 5’10” and it’s doable for them, but I have found both the Ranger and Colorado/Canyon interiors much more spacious.

My other complaints align with the first review with regards to fit/finish and so much plastic leaving it feeling cheap for a not so cheap price tag. I’m considering a TRD Off-road 6’ bed Premium ($55k) and TH w/ 6’ bed ($65k) so far from chump change.

I’ve owned nothing but 2 Ford trucks over the last 30+ years and am shopping Tacoma mainly for the crewcab with 6’ bed configuration, something the competition doesn’t offer.

Finally a bunch of new midsize options and the Tacoma is currently my first pick with so many trims and cab/bed configurations. Just hate the designers skimped on rear legroom or I would have ordered one by now. Going to wait it out a few more months and see what tweaks Ford and the GM twins will offer for ‘25 and go from there? With that said, I’m still sitting on the fence.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
...My other complaints align with the first review with regards to fit/finish and so much plastic leaving it feeling cheap for a not so cheap price tag. I’m considering a TRD Off-road 6’ bed Premium ($55k) and TH w/ 6’ bed ($65k) so far from chump change.
The GMC Canyon ATX4 is the king of plasticy cheapness. When you look across the segment, Toyota's halo trims have the best interiors IMO. And exteriors, bouncy hood & all, but that's overstating the obvious. The Canyon gets 16 mpg, $65K for that thing. Basically GM wants you to get the Sierra. And to an extent, Toyota is pulling the same move here. The Tacoma TRD PRO is an earshot from basically leaving the lot with a Tundra TRD PRO.

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
A lot of the stuff he complains about are small and weird quirks. He also bought a truck that has a 100k recalled engines.

TrustButVerify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
A lot of the stuff he complains about are small and weird quirks. He also bought a truck that has a 100k recalled engines.
These quirks aren't really quirks. This is the consequence to cost cutting to "maximize shareholder value." They're kind of significant things. The lack of bump stops on the LCA for an off road trim is a great example. Hence why people are blowing the shocks out. "Rock sliders" bolted to sheet metal? More plastic then a Tupperware party.

Its not a price complaint. Its a value complaint. Aside from some bolt ons and those absolutely insane over engineered ejection seats, what is it? A TRD OR premium with an extra $9000 in seats and bumpers. Oh you get a wrapped black top too.

Kdbradley85

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR MT
I do think Toyota really jumped the shark on the pricing for the premium package and their halo models BIG TIME. I can't justify an $8K jump in price for what you get, and I really wish that Toyota would make it possible to configure trucks the way you actually want them. The Car Care Nut is giving his honest opinion here, and I hate to agree with him on a lot of the points he made. For $65+ THOUSAND dollars... Toyota really needs to make these Halo models special, and don't get me wrong, I think the TRD Pro looks absolutely killer, it's just that my base TRD OR, for under $45K, is a much better value in my opinion. I could spend $10,000 and have something very close to, if not better, and still have another $10K to spare. If they offered the hybrid with a manual though... I'd jump all over that in a heartbeat. The Trailhunter seems like the better buy as far as these top trims go; actual sliders, a more solid suspension, and a much less "gimicky" and functional interior, etc. The hood scoop looks cool, but make it functional! The truck has a turbo now for god's sake. I love the two-tone paint, but they dropped the ball with the tailgate (like he points out in the vid). Has anyone figured out if the Pro's exhaust is actually unique or just a set of fancy tips? Again, the Trailhunter beats the Pro in all these areas and it's even slightly less expensive! I could do without the goofy "bed rack" on the back, but everything else on it (including those awesome bronze wheels) just seems better than the Pro.
Sponsored