Sponsored

Toyota Extra Care Platinum Warranty Prices

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
So, with inflation taken into account it's gotten cheaper.
Question begs with the new gens out, will they raise prices. I think they will. Buying sooner than later
Sponsored

bigd9247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Thanks for posting this information. This gives me a lot to think about. I'm currently averaging almost 20k miles per year. This almost makes me want to go with a shorter year range but higher mileage. Maybe 7yr/125k instead of 10yr/100k.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Well, they seem to have it figured out now. The transmission would be covered up to 6 years or 60,000 miles. If it's going to fail, it'll most likely happen within that time period, in my opinion. I'm considering it because, while I enjoy working on my vehicles, I don't see myself lying on a cold garage floor in 5-10 years. I'm getting old!
As Bill said the chances are a transmission will fail within the 6 year/60k mile warranty. I have also seen Toyota extend coverage when systems have a lot of failures.

I have owned a LOT of Toyota products and I have not spent anywhere near the cost of those warranties on repairs of any of them. They are great money makers for the warranty providers, that is why they work so hard to sell them.

But I can see why it would make people feel safer, and that might make it worth it, but not for me.

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
I bought one ( VSC via where I got my TRD Pro) 75k miles I think. Will prob extend it before my 36 month factory warranty expires

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
As Bill said the chances are a transmission will fail within the 6 year/60k mile warranty. I have also seen Toyota extend coverage when systems have a lot of failures.

I have owned a LOT of Toyota products and I have not spent anywhere near the cost of those warranties on repairs of any of them. They are great money makers for the warranty providers, that is why they work so hard to sell them.

But I can see why it would make people feel safer, and that might make it worth it, but not for me.
I paid for the extended warranty once, for a Nissan that had multiple known problems, including axle seal leaks, transmission/radiator cross contamination, etc. About 2 years after owning the truck Nissan extended the coverage specifically for the transmission issue. In the end, I broke even on the warranty and that was only because I had multiple issues with the EVAP system. Never again to Nissan and never again to the extended warranty. If you are worried about it put the same 1K in a high interest savings and let it sit. After the base warranty expires you have something over 1K saved just for expenses and if nothing happens you keep the money. I guess I'm a relatively positive person and I don't like betting that my truck will have a lot of problems.

Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
I paid for the extended warranty once, for a Nissan that had multiple known problems, including axle seal leaks, transmission/radiator cross contamination, etc. About 2 years after owning the truck Nissan extended the coverage specifically for the transmission issue. In the end, I broke even on the warranty and that was only because I had multiple issues with the EVAP system. Never again to Nissan and never again to the extended warranty. If you are worried about it put the same 1K in a high interest savings and let it sit. After the base warranty expires you have something over 1K saved just for expenses and if nothing happens you keep the money. I guess I'm a relatively positive person and I don't like betting that my truck will have a lot of problems.
I understand what you're saying, but I disagree with your premise. If I put $1000 into an investment that pays or averages 5% (not likely to happen) compounded daily, it will be worth about $1650 after ten years. If I buy a 10/1xx warranty for $1300 in today's dollars, at 2% inflation, it will be worth about $1580 in ten years. One thing is certain: parts and labor in ten years will be much higher, and any major repair will certainly use up that $1600 quickly. Use the warranty once, and you may or may not be ahead; use it twice, and I win.

Of course, everyone's circumstances are different. I keep my vehicles for at least ten years, so that plays into it. For folks who turn around their vehicles in less time, the warranty has less value.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
The extended warranty also has a retail price and dealer price. I asked for 20% over dealer cost and stonewalled saying I would cancel the sale. After financial representative returned from a talk with whoever held the authority to say so…my wish was granted. With luck it will not be necessary to use but if needed glad to have. And in our advanced digital age I find things break more often then decades long past.

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
any idea on the price difference for Hybrids?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
any idea on the price difference for Hybrids?
Do not know if there is a difference. The hybrid system has it's own warranty that in most cases will out last any basic or extended warranty.

OP
OP
Wutangz_Taco

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
The extended warranty also has a retail price and dealer price. I asked for 20% over dealer cost and stonewalled saying I would cancel the sale. After financial representative returned from a talk with whoever held the authority to say so…my wish was granted. With luck it will not be necessary to use but if needed glad to have. And in our advanced digital age I find things break more often then decades long past.
I wouldn’t expect a difference since this quote was for a TRD Pro and other shared prices have been the same.

Edit: wrong post quote.

Sponsored

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Anyone in California willing to share what they paid for their extended warranty and/or extended maintenance plans?

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
at those prices I'm tempted to pick up an extended warranty.

if I were to purchase a warranty through the sources listed in this thread, any toyota dealer would honor them?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
at those prices I'm tempted to pick up an extended warranty.

if I were to purchase a warranty through the sources listed in this thread, any toyota dealer would honor them?
Yes, it's a Toyota warranty. I has to be honored.

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
So this is my first "brand new" Toyota.... It came with the 3yr/36,000 warranty right? Is there a separate powertrain warranty of 6yr? I thought I read that in the thread a page or 2 back?

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
In California plans from dealerships in other states cannot be legally purchased. I called about 20 dealerships in California to check prices and was quoted a lot more than the prices listed in this thread. Wondering if anyone in California would be willing to share what they paid.
Sponsored