Sponsored

Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions

Zebrajacket99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter LB
In an odd turn of events, dealer called yesterday to say the truck was mistakenly offloaded at a dealer in another state because of a VIN mixup. They are working to get it trucked up to my location and should be calling for with a pickup date relatively quickly (in comparison to how long a wait this has been).
Sponsored

Willm8

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Hybrid Highlander
I saw on the Toyota Inventory Site today, my reserved TH now shows
"Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 08/30/24 - 09/15/24."
A question for my dealer about status has been unanswered since Friday. But this is progress!
I reserved my TH end of June. Also the window sticker is now available on the inventory site!
I think that means it has been boated to the US.
I updated my little survey of the inventory:
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions Trailhunters 8-21-2024

timetoeatpotatoes

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D:
So if we have a build date in the next couple weeks we should still definitely expect QC hold?

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I saw on the Toyota Inventory Site today, my reserved TH now shows
"Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 08/30/24 - 09/15/24."
Yesterday my Pro showed as may be in transit (they don't know?) with estimated availability of 8/31/24 - 9/16/24). I am finally starting to feel like my truck is real. :cool:

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
I'd be VERY CURIOUS as to the snorkel part!!! I've already complained directly to Toyota about the cheap crappy way that the cover on the bottom of the snorkel DOES NOT hold the cover on well at all. I was contacted my my local dealer customer service manager and all he was able to say was that Toyota acknowledged that there was a problem! Mine came off drying my truck and another TH owner said his fell off driving down the highway! Wow!! ...and they tested these trucks offroad? Obviously not on any washboard tracks!!! Pic of mine. These little balls on the protruding bolts are supposed to click into the plastic holders in the cover. While they do, they don't well at all. Sad design for a $65k truck.
20240720_164735.jpg
from your picture looks like 2 of the three clip in points have been compromised may have been from the dealer or when they actually installed the air intake and the installer did a poor job of lining it up. Looks like it would be an easy swap just as long as the dealer can replace it.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
from your picture looks like 2 of the three clip in points have been compromised may have been from the dealer or when they actually installed the air intake and the installer did a poor job of lining it up. Looks like it would be an easy swap just as long as the dealer can replace it.
That's what I think too, but my question is why hasn't the dealer even tried to get @brentbba that replacement part? It sounds like he has a pretty lame dealer to me.

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
So I have had my Trailhunter for 3 weeks. Last week we had some heavy rains and some water about 1-2 feet deep on the roads. After driving though this I was about 1/2 mile from home and the truck went into limp mode. Check engine code was for mass air flow sensor.

Had it towed to dealer and they said the mass air flow sensor was fried and because of water that it wouldn’t be covered under warranty because of “act of god”

Now how on earth water damaged the sensor is still unknown because the dealer did absolutely no looking into where it came from

Now when I bought my truck the cover was missing from the snorkel that looks like other people are losing theirs also. And the QC hold seems to be an issue with that gasket where the cover goes.

So if this is a know issue but toyota isn’t telling anyone then how are the dealers supposed to know there is an issue? If this is supposed to be a warranty thing because of failed parts so how can they turn down the warranty repair and how do you argue this?

Also the dealership said there was an unknown back order on the mass air flow sensor. Said it could be two months. So I made some calls to Phoenix area where I was told had two sensors. Both were special order for customers. I was then told there was one in Minnesota and one in Missouri. The one in Minnesota was spoken for so I called Missouri. They had one but it was for a customer but said it had been sitting there since July. He called the customer and they didn’t need it so I was lucky to get it.

Now after all of this I have fixed my own truck by finding the part and have researched the snorkel issue and have gotten absolutely zero help from the dealer. If this is how they are going to treat people who buy a $65,000 truck then I might sell it. I’m not going to put up with a company that ignores their customers. This is the way the world is going and I refuse to play the game anymore.

IMG_5667.jpeg
w
That's what I think too, but my question is why hasn't the dealer even tried to get @brentbba that replacement part? It sounds like he has a pretty lame dealer to me.
Shady dealership, they either knew about it and F'd him anyways with a markup and dealer add-ons or they genuinely did not know. Any which way you see it this is why it's so important to take your time when you take delivery of a vehicle inspect every inch . I have a TH Tacoma coming by Sep and a 4runner TH coming hopefully early 2025. I'm going to take my time looking at every inch of thoes two vehicles. Paint, engine, doors , everything. I'll address it's before I sign anything.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I'm going to take my time looking at every inch of those two vehicles. Paint, engine, doors , everything. I'll address it's before I sign anything.
Yeah - my Pro is coming in the first half of September and I will be looking it over very closely. My advantage is that I think I have a dealer that I can really trust. But still, it's my bad if I don't look my truck over before I sign the papers. i might take it for a drive too, which would be the first time I have done that with a Toyota.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
These were so new and dealer I purchased from had the truck for about 6 hours before I showed up to get it.
On the potentially compromised plastic clips on the cover, all three clips are molded the same. I think it's just a poor design or a flaw in the extrusion of the part in manufacturing.
I'm most concerned about the talk surrounding the gasket at the front quarter panel being bad. Whilecwe don't see much rain in Socal, it's still a weak point.
BTW, dealer hasn't seen the cover yet. I'll show them when I take it in to have the ds bed rail replaced. That part should be in by the 28th.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
BTW, dealer hasn't seen the cover yet. I'll show them when I take it in to have the ds bed rail replaced. That part should be in by the 28th.
So your Trailhunter also has the warped bed rails, or is that something else? I was hoping by the time they made the halos they would have that kind of problem under control.

Sponsored

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
So your Trailhunter also has the warped bed rails, or is that something else? I was hoping by the time they made the halos they would have that kind of problem under control.
Bed scene lights on the driver side rail had a short that was taking out the bed scene lights, interior bed lights and cargo lights. Had to be DOA from the factory. I didn't know they were standard on the Trailhunter and sales folks at purchasing dealer didn't yet know how-to turn them on! I remember saying I'd figure it out. Little did I know then that they can be set to come on with the door lights or on with the door lights. We all just figured that they turned on separately with a switch somewhere!

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Bed scene lights on the driver side rail had a short that was taking out the bed scene lights, interior bed lights and cargo lights. Had to be DOA from the factory.
Oh yeah - I remember that now, and that was quite a journey as I recall.

The 4th gens are amazing trucks, but they certainly have not had the smoothest rollout in Toyota history.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Oh yeah - I remember that now, and that was quite a journey as I recall.

The 4th gens are amazing trucks, but they certainly have not had the smoothest rollout in Toyota history.
Yep, almost 2 days just to find the short and another day to put it all back together! At first the rail with the lights (one piece) was on backorder and all available were headed to the manufacturing plant! Only recently was I told the part would come in between the 13th and 28th. Still waiting.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Just to give more data points, I actually scrapped the desert air intake pretty hard on some branches on a simple forest road. The moment I noticed, my heart sank and was like "THE COVER!"

Cover is still on. I'm praying I just got a good one :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
2ndGen2TrlHntr

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter Bronze Oxide; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Just got an eta on mine. Coming from Bensenville IL to IA showing 08/22 - 08/28. Chicago land to IA is only ~240 miles so fingers crossed it’s prior to weekend and I can change my existing flight to go get it Saturday! Super excited to see some progress finally.
Sponsored