Sponsored

Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions

Zebrajacket99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Trailhunter LB
Are dealers reps passing along the info to you about exact rail yard location? Heard last thursday that mine was waiting to hop on a train but didn't think to ask "where".
Sponsored

THunterNC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I just asked for pipeline screenshot. I have had to "pull" every update from my dealer.

SP4RUNNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Highlander
Got an update from my dealer, looks like as of Aug 14th the truck is on hold for an estimated 70 days. Our sales rep mentioned that it could be sooner that's just an estimate. They have one that is being delivered at the end of this month. They have a total of 3 allocated to them and we are the 2nd truck they will be receiving.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
My dealer just got a hold of the Tacoma rep for the bay area. My Trailhunter is currently on a boat from Mexico to the bay, but will be held at port when it arrives for a snorkel related issue. That's the first time I've heard that from an official source. He said it's a parts backorder issue and it will be October before the trucks are released.
Just got off the phone with my dealer in Berkley with some updates. A bunch of Trailhunters showed up at the port in Benicia today, mine included.
Mine will be put on hold waiting on a part for the snorkel.
Some of the trucks on the ship will head straight out to dealers.
He said most of the ones heading out straight away are trucks that had May and June build dates. They spent their QC hold in Mexico and had their snorkel or gasket repaired there.
They didn't have enough parts to fix all the trucks, but wanted a full load out on the ship, so they put a full load on the vessel and many of the early builds are ready to ship out.
Mine was built on July 26th and didn't get the snorkel repair so it'll sit here in the bay until it's fixed. Dealer said latest would be mid October. That is a guess by him because the ones going out now are 3 months past their build date, and 3 months past my build date would be mid October.
Hope this info helps some of you, but the good news is there are several Trailhunters sitting in Benicia as of today, and they'll roll out tomorrow for 8/20-9/10 deliveries based on distance from the port.
I'd be VERY CURIOUS as to the snorkel part!!! I've already complained directly to Toyota about the cheap crappy way that the cover on the bottom of the snorkel DOES NOT hold the cover on well at all. I was contacted my my local dealer customer service manager and all he was able to say was that Toyota acknowledged that there was a problem! Mine came off drying my truck and another TH owner said his fell off driving down the highway! Wow!! ...and they tested these trucks offroad? Obviously not on any washboard tracks!!! Pic of mine. These little balls on the protruding bolts are supposed to click into the plastic holders in the cover. While they do, they don't well at all. Sad design for a $65k truck.
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions 20240720_164735

Sponsored

Moundman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Camry (a beater!) / 2024 Trailhunter
Mine arrived via rail in bensenville IL on 7/16. Does not show on hold but no movement. Just waiting to get put on a truck to dealer in OH I suppose. Sold my third Gen two weeks ago, so starting to get impatient.
Yeah that's what my dealer told me. It's in IL, hoping it doesn't take long.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@brentbba So Toyota has acknowledged that there is a problem with that snorkel cover but are they getting you a replacement? Do you know when you will get it?

I suspect it is a QC issue with a supplier, but Toyota is still on the hook to quickly fix something so lame on a halo model.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
@brentbba So Toyota has acknowledged that there is a problem with that snorkel cover but are they getting you a replacement? Do you know when you will get it?

I suspect it is a QC issue with a supplier, but Toyota is still on the hook to quickly fix something so lame on a halo model.
They acknowledge there's a problem, presumably with the design. No solution mentioned. I have my cover. I just took it off and am saving it. We'll just have to see if Toyota acts on the acknowledged problem.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
They acknowledge there's a problem, presumably with the design. No solution mentioned. I have my cover. I just took it off and am saving it. We'll just have to see if Toyota acts on the acknowledged problem.
No solution mentioned? They haven't said that they are going to get you one that fits properly?

Toyota usually does a good job of supporting their products so I assume they don't want one of their most expensive Tacos with exterior parts falling off. It makes you wonder if this is part of the TH QC holds.

Good luck.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
No solution mentioned? They haven't said that they are going to get you one that fits properly?

Toyota usually does a good job of supporting their products so I assume they don't want one of their most expensive Tacos with exterior parts falling off. It makes you wonder if this is part of the TH QC holds.

Good luck.
No solution at all. We'll wait and see. I can't believe they're releasing Trailhunters with this.

Sponsored

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
No solution at all. We'll wait and see. I can't believe they're releasing Trailhunters with this.
Rope_photo said they did fix the ones that are being released, and others waiting on a part still...My ETA was actually moved up today, should be taking delivery in about a week, will definitely test the cover before driving it back ~750mi home.

All things being equal, I'll likely buy an aftermarket intake if there's a hydrophobic pre-filter design developed. I can't see the OEM high intake preventing a wet clingy 12" snowfall from entering that intake as-is....

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Rope_photo said they did fix the ones that are being released, and others waiting on a part still...My ETA was actually moved up today, should be taking delivery in about a week, will definitely test the cover before driving it back ~750mi home.

All things being equal, I'll likely buy an aftermarket intake if there's a hydrophobic pre-filter design developed. I can't see the OEM high intake preventing a wet clingy 12" snowfall from entering that intake as-is....
I saw that post and speculating if the snorkel part is a redesigned cover.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
I saw that post and speculating if the snorkel part is a redesigned cover.
given the issues you’ve had with your TH, do you think they should’ve held it for QC? I don’t know of anyone that took delivery sooner.

It’s like a catch 22; many are facing 70 day waits, some took very early delivery but don’t have [known] problems…

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
given the issues you’ve had with your TH, do you think they should’ve held it for QC? I don’t know of anyone that took delivery sooner.
Good question. Bed scene lighting DOA should have held it. Snorkel cover, who knows. Everything else I've tested is good so far. Four wheel hi and low, rear differential lock and sway bar disconnect to be tested on a local offroad trip this weekend.

Yes, I did take early delivery June 18th!

HunterTrail

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
So I have had my Trailhunter for 3 weeks. Last week we had some heavy rains and some water about 1-2 feet deep on the roads. After driving though this I was about 1/2 mile from home and the truck went into limp mode. Check engine code was for mass air flow sensor.

Had it towed to dealer and they said the mass air flow sensor was fried and because of water that it wouldn’t be covered under warranty because of “act of god”

Now how on earth water damaged the sensor is still unknown because the dealer did absolutely no looking into where it came from

Now when I bought my truck the cover was missing from the snorkel that looks like other people are losing theirs also. And the QC hold seems to be an issue with that gasket where the cover goes.

So if this is a know issue but toyota isn’t telling anyone then how are the dealers supposed to know there is an issue? If this is supposed to be a warranty thing because of failed parts so how can they turn down the warranty repair and how do you argue this?

Also the dealership said there was an unknown back order on the mass air flow sensor. Said it could be two months. So I made some calls to Phoenix area where I was told had two sensors. Both were special order for customers. I was then told there was one in Minnesota and one in Missouri. The one in Minnesota was spoken for so I called Missouri. They had one but it was for a customer but said it had been sitting there since July. He called the customer and they didn’t need it so I was lucky to get it.

Now after all of this I have fixed my own truck by finding the part and have researched the snorkel issue and have gotten absolutely zero help from the dealer. If this is how they are going to treat people who buy a $65,000 truck then I might sell it. I’m not going to put up with a company that ignores their customers. This is the way the world is going and I refuse to play the game anymore.

2024 Tacoma Trailhunter QC Holds — multiple regions IMG_5667
Sponsored