Potato TRD pro build

OP
OP

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
Well I can confirm that 37’s do indeed fit on the new pro with very little work! A couple things at play, BGF’s run a little on the smaller side and the right offset helped a lot! I did have to trim a very small amount of the rear fender less than 1” and remove the crash bar but that was it no rubs while street driving. Next I’ll remove the coil-overs again and fully flex the tires and trim so it can fully articulate at bump lock to lock. I don’t anticipate needing to do much more. Also this is running the TRD Pro westcott kit.
IMG_8518.jpeg

IMG_8519.jpeg
IMG_8521.jpeg
IMG_8522.jpeg
IMG_8523.jpeg

Muckle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Those sliders look great - I ordered them a month ago. 10-12 week production timeframe :(

OP
OP

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
Those sliders look great - I ordered them a month ago. 10-12 week production timeframe :(
The sliders are so nice the fit and finish is perfect on them! Hang in there yours will show up soon! I was just at their facility 2 weeks ago and they cranking out so many products!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
Finally after over a year of waiting I picked up my 24' TRD Pro on friday. Initially I had a deposit down with a large volume dealer in the denver area over the past year i only moved two spots down on the "waitlist". I ended up using the search inventory function on Toyotas website and found one Black/Black allocated without a waitlist in eastern idaho. It was allocated with Minimal PIO ( spray in bed liner and door scuff protectors) and at MSRP.

I made the 650 mile road trip home back to denver without issue, other than picking up a hefty rock chip on the hood. So far Im beyond impressed with how it drives. For reference I am most recently coming from a 2023 TRD Pro Tacoma. The torque is seemingly endless and drives over mountain passes with ease. The fake engine noise doesn't seem to bother me and the ride is very quiet. The suspension feels soft yet very planted, I drove home in setting 1 on the quick switch lever. The overall build quality seems honestly better than my gen 3. I was nervous as many people have complained over build quality but the panel gaps are more consistent no creeks or rattles and the finish on interior panels seems to be better overall compared to a gen 3 that was built in the same plant just a year prior.

Now I plan to do a pretty extensive build on the truck. I am no stranger to toyotas I have owned every generation of tacoma and 1st, 3rd and 5th gen 4runners. My most recent build was a long travel dual locked 5th gen 4runner. I have a few build philosophies that i have learned from building multiple offroad toyotas that I want to stick to. Primarily this is my daily driver and I don't want to get too overboard. I want to keep it as lightweight as possible and i plan to be very weight conscious with all the modifications. I want to be able to take it on some of my favorite moderate to hard trails trails around colorado and utah. I want it to be able to camp out of for 4-5 days at a time. And lastly It needs to be able to drive moderately fast down fire roads and light trails. With all of this in mind I realize this is asking a lot out of any vehicle, but i believe this tacoma is up to the task (more so than any previous toyotas i have owned) I think it will be a challange to accomplish all of this but that is also what building a vehicle is all about.

Now for what's on order or waiting to be delivered.

Wheels and tires :
37 /12.50/17 BFG ko2 (64lbs) delivered
17x8 +12 RRW RG1-s (19.6lbs) waiting on shipping

Suspension:
Westcott designs Pre-Load lift- Delivered
*Debating on Icon rear link kit*

Armor:
RCI pike front bumper
RCI full aluminum skids Including gas tank
RCI sliders
RCI shock skids
RCI Link skids

Camping set up:
GFC platform topper (delivery in oct)
GFC Superlite tent
*researching a LIFEPO dual battery with hybrid*

MIsc:
Screen Pro tech-Installed
Tint
Ceramic coat

This should be enough to get started and see where it goes from there! to follow in real time ig: mrpotato_trd

4A651CA4-9F15-4D41-BC2C-FB9CF92DCA6F.jpeg

IMG_8005.jpeg

IMG_8106.jpeg

IMG_8102.jpeg
Hey what tints did you get and where? Got anymore pics with em?

Sponsored

OP
OP

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
Hey what tints did you get and where? Got anymore pics with em?
I went with 15% on the front windows 35% over the factory tint in the back and then 70% on the windshield it the perfect amount IMHO. It’s 3m ceramic IR. I got it done at direct tint in golden.
IMG_8384.jpeg

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
I went with 15% on the front windows 35% over the factory tint in the back and then 70% on the windshield it the perfect amount IMHO. It’s 3m ceramic IR. I got it done at direct tint in golden.
IMG_8384.jpeg
Looks badass dude! That might be a shade darker than what I'd like but ill take a look. Hope I see you driving around Denver!

OP
OP

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
Looks badass dude! That might be a shade darker than what I'd like but ill take a look. Hope I see you driving around Denver!
For sure! I’ll keep an eye out for your Terra!

OP
OP

PotatoTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 trd pro
Just a little update, vinyl wrapped a few bits and got a ceramic coat.
IMG_8887.jpeg
IMG_8886.jpeg