Sponsored

After over a year finally have a truck coming, build date is first part of October what’s next

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
So I put down a deposit for a Limited Hybrid last September and finally got my local dealer to get me a truck coming. They showed me a build sheet and we selected the options I wanted. The sheet has a VIN I assume is a temporary one. The dealership said the build date was the first part of October. So what will I see next? When does it show up on the locator and what not?
Sponsored

OP
OP

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
scratch that, Looks like build date is 10/28-11/3

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Congratulations!

5-8 weeks.. Unless you’re on the East Coast? Port strikes???

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Congrats @evlfred - a long wait but I think it will be worth it.

My truck coming into the country on the east coast was just under 7 weeks after build date to my dealer. Your truck might be coming mostly by rail and I would think that would make it shorter.

Good luck!

Trailcat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter (reserved)
Welcome to the waiting game!

My Trailhunter was built on 9/3. It took almost 3 weeks in "processing" before it arrived at the port in Mexico (Lazaro Cardenas) where it is currently (9/29) waiting to roll on the ship. It's a 3+ day sail to Long Beach, but then no idea how long it'll take from there. I'm hoping it'll get here to Phoenix by mid-October, but I'm expecting late-October/early-November.

Sponsored

Mtn.Ta_CO_man

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe
Welcome to the waiting game!

My Trailhunter was built on 9/3. It took almost 3 weeks in "processing" before it arrived at the port in Mexico (Lazaro Cardenas) where it is currently (9/29) waiting to roll on the ship. It's a 3+ day sail to Long Beach, but then no idea how long it'll take from there. I'm hoping it'll get here to Phoenix by mid-October, but I'm expecting late-October/early-November.
How or where are you getting the info on when it was in processing and now at the port? Is it dealer info or some other tracking option with a "real" Vin #? I still have the temporary vin but am hoping for the real one next week.

Trailcat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter (reserved)
How or where are you getting the info on when it was in processing and now at the port? Is it dealer info or some other tracking option with a "real" Vin #? I still have the temporary vin but am hoping for the real one next week.
Dealer has a timeline they can see the current status. There’s some good screenshots in another thread. My dealer sends me a text each time it updates. It is far from perfect and doesn’t seem to update right away, but it’s something.

You should get a real VIN a day or two before build. I’d check with the dealer the day after your build and just ask to confirm that it was built. Then tell them to send you updates on the status.