Sponsored

Wheels: Limited Shiny Chrome vs. TRD Matte Black

Baltimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen1.5 Highlander v6 AWD, gen4 Taco Ltd Max
Switched out the OEM Limited Shiny Chrome 18" wheels, center caps, and lugs for the OEM TRD Matte Black wheel, heritage bronze center caps, and matching lugs. I think the heritage caps help it really pops with the body color.

2024 Tacoma Wheels: Limited Shiny Chrome vs. TRD Matte Black LimitedChromeDriver

2024 Tacoma Wheels: Limited Shiny Chrome vs. TRD Matte Black TRDMatteDriver

2024 Tacoma Wheels: Limited Shiny Chrome vs. TRD Matte Black LimitedChromePassenger

2024 Tacoma Wheels: Limited Shiny Chrome vs. TRD Matte Black TRDMattePassenger

Which means that I now have a full set of the 18" chrome wheels, matching lugs and center caps sitting in boxes next to the actual TRD red/black center caps that I didn't use. Related, I have the shiny chrome side mirror covers with factory PPE also now sitting in boxes. Guess I should take some photos and do some for-sale posts.
Sponsored

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
@ridetime @diablo2112
What was your approach on the door and tailgate handles?
The only things I haven't changed out are the front grill/bumper and the tailgate handle surround. Since my truck is silver, the chrome on those parts doesn't really stand out as it does on darker colors so I'm still trying to decide on that.

The door handles are just stick on covers. They are high quality and fit nice. All door handle sensors work as they should with them installed. I may decide to swap the handles out for the gloss black TRD Pro handles some day but I didn't want to have to remove all 4 door cards to access them.

Taco4ever

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Swapped to 20" Tundra OEM wheels. Love the limited; didn't care for all the chrome.

IMG_2489.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG
what size tires did you end up using? I like 20" tundra wheels on the taco, but didnt know if a more aggressive tires will rub or not.
Sponsored