Which wheels? Method, SCS, RRW, Icon

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
Hub-centric preferred. I tend to like the Icon wheels best. I think SCS has some new bore sizes coming. Method is Method. RRW hybrid is really nice but the holes for a wheel guard look off. Has to be +25 offset. I’ve had Methods on my last 3 vehicles. What do you guys have or suggest?
Sponsored

CrispyTacoLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma and 4Runner Off-road
Hub-centric preferred. I tend to like the Icon wheels best. I think SCS has some new bore sizes coming. Method is Method. RRW hybrid is really nice but the holes for a wheel guard look off. Has to be +25 offset. I’ve had Methods on my last 3 vehicles. What do you guys have or suggest?
The SCS wheels look a bit flat at +20.

2024 Tacoma Which wheels? Method, SCS, RRW, Icon IMG_0787

Last edited:

NewtoToyota

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
I have methods and really like them and they don't break the bank. I would just go with whatever looks the best to you in the size/offset you want. I imagine, for the most part, they will all be very similar in function.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
Honestly I would not be suprised if all those companies order from the same manufacturers. Not many actually "make" there own wheels. They all buy them from a couple actually factories and just brand them.

Buy what you like in the size and offset you like.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrashPanda

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
I have ICON rebound 18”x9. +25 offset and love them. I really like the RRW hybrid but didn’t want to pay that much.

IMG_1815.jpeg
That is very nice…285s?
Damn I’ll be happy when you can buy TH flares

TX-BluStreak

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I picked none of those. OMG, do I have to start thinking about off-road rims on my Pro? I kinda like the rims on the Pro (so I don't think I'll be changing that anytime soon).

Back on point; I don't typically buy rims based on what brand they are. I'm game as long as it looks good on the truck. Tirerack has a nifty config tool that allows you to picture the kind of rims you want and it gives you a better idea of what it'll look like mounted on your vehicle.

I had KMC Skitch (KM673) 20" chrome plated rims on my truck for several years. It's the one pictured in my avatar. Chrome only looks good when it's clean...which meant the truck had to be washed almost every week. After awhile chrome became too high maintenance so I swapped it for a set of American Racing Mainline Machined w/ Black accents (AR893). Even thou the truck hadn't been washed in awhile...it still looks nice. 😅
Sponsored