Sponsored

OEM air compressor accessory -- ARB single or dual compressor?

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
bumping this tread for anyone watching --

so the OEM compressor that comes with the TH is available -- there are a few in shops around the country. but it is $1250 for the part and an unknown amount to install -- maybe another $800. too much.

seems crazy to have 2400W available in the bed and not have a good and easy and reasonably priced compressor solution. i am still searching for ideas if anyone has figured this out!
I have seen one user here mount an arb in the engine. I also think I saw a company with a rear arb frame mounting kit for the rear.
Sponsored

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I have seen one user here mount an arb in the engine. I also think I saw a company with a rear arb frame mounting kit for the rear.
That may have been me.

2024 Tacoma OEM air compressor accessory -- ARB single or dual compressor? NjAnTgB

I developed a 3D-printed mount for it, and after 3700 miles, it's doing fine. You can find the file and instructions for it on Thingiverse.

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
That may have been me.

NjAnTgB.jpg

I developed a 3D-printed mount for it, and after 3700 miles, it's doing fine. You can find the file and instructions for it on Thingiverse.
Yup thats the one!

This is the rear frame mount option I also saw.

https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections...tom.models=Tacoma&filter.p.m.custom.year=2024

They have no install pictures on these so I have no idea what they end up looking like. It will also end up at ~$1,200 for a trailhunter like install with the price of an arb twin added.

Sagebrush

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
It will also end up at ~$1,200 for a trailhunter like install with the price of an arb twin added.
Yowsers.

I had my ARB from the 3rd gen so other than plastic* it hasn't cost me anything. My Aux 1 switch turns it on.

*I don't recall how many prototype prints I did before I got it right, it may have been five.

Sponsored

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
Yowsers.

I had my ARB from the 3rd gen so other than plastic* it hasn't cost me anything. My Aux 1 switch turns it on.

*I don't recall how many prototype prints I did before I got it right, it may have been five.
Yeah half the price would be to buy the twin. The rest gets you lines and connectors for bed access. You have the single right?. Also have the CAtuned mount system for 1k.

https://catunedoffroad.com/products...t-air-compressor-with-mount-for-toyota-tacoma

Similar to yours but for the twin.

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronze Oxide TRD OR
I do and find it works fine.
Since I am in NJ I won't be airing down often with my truck. I am looking into these options primarily for cold weather use as we don't have much in terms of aired down driving here. Glad to hear you find it adequate, will save me a few hundred.
Sponsored