Sponsored

2024 tacoma trd offroad rust

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
On a positive note I spent a good amount of time on my back inspecting the undercarriage on my 4th Gen Tacoma.

Virtually everything is painted and protected from corrosion. Rear differential, control arms, springs, etc. Toyota went so far as to insert plastic covers on all frame openings to help prevent water/mud/road salt intrusion.

It appears that Toyota finally learned itā€™s lesson regarding frame perforation/corrosion.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Slikka

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma sr5
On a positive note I spent a good amount of time on my back inspecting the undercarriage on my 4th Gen Tacoma.

Virtually everything is painted and protected from corrosion. Rear differential, control arms, springs, etc. Toyota went so far as to insert plastic covers on all openings in the new chassis to help prevent water intrusion.

It appears that Toyota finally learned to reduce risks regarding frame corrosion and warranty repair costs.
Not mine šŸ˜‚

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Got a question for you guys - my PPF guy accidentally scored a small area under my hood when cutting the wrapped PPF, exposing a thin line of bare aluminum (yes itā€™s super annoying but not visible). Given that the hood is aluminum I assume it will just get some surface corrosion on that tiny spot and then be fine. Or should I touch it up with some paint? Iā€™ll prob paint it regardless more just curious your thoughts on the exposed aluminum.

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
Got a question for you guys - my PPF guy accidentally scored a small area under my hood when cutting the wrapped PPF, exposing a thin line of bare aluminum (yes itā€™s super annoying but not visible). Given that the hood is aluminum I assume it will just get some surface corrosion on that tiny spot and then be fine. Or should I touch it up with some paint? Iā€™ll prob paint it regardless more just curious your thoughts on the exposed aluminum.
Courtesy of transit. The aluminum likely wonā€™t be an issue but it can react with metals in water and bubble paint. A light touch up wouldnā€™t hurt.
IMG_3615.jpeg

Sponsored

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
@tacorancher Unrelated but I have this to deal with too.
IMG_3617.jpeg
Sigh. Yeah. That is easy to fix just take it back for some trimming. This is the second time I have done PPF and I swear I think it stresses me out more than not having it. Thereā€™s always something with it. And then Iā€™m always freaked out if we need to remove it whether itā€™ll fuck up the clear coat.

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sigh. Yeah. That is easy to fix just take it back for some trimming. This is the second time I have done PPF and I swear I think it stresses me out more than not having it. Thereā€™s always something with it. And then Iā€™m always freaked out if we need to remove it whether itā€™ll fuck up the clear coat.
Better with than without, especially with the roads in AL. One trip down 65 will tear a bumper apart.

tacorancher

First Name
k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma TH
Better with than without, especially with the roads in AL. One trip down 65 will tear a bumper apart.
Iā€™m in Texas. Yeah it can fuck some shit up.

Almost bought a truck in Tuscaloosa by the way. I backed out and pissed off the GSM. But he took a thousand dollar deposit from me so not sure why he was so mad.

TrashPanda

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in Texas. Yeah it can fuck some shit up.

Almost bought a truck in Tuscaloosa by the way. I backed out and pissed off the GSM. But he took a thousand dollar deposit from me so not sure why he was so mad.
I held a Bronze oxide and the dealer tried to keep my $1000 after the truck showed with transit damage but I didnā€™t sign anything so I disputed the credit charge.šŸ˜‚
Sponsored