OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
@hart24601 Great looking truck. Supersonic Red is an awesome color. My neighbor has a SSR Tundra and it is beautiful. The color looks even better on a Taco and it is just right for a Limited IMO.

Toyota's normally orderly and systematic build system seems to have gone off the tracks on the 4th gen. Even halo models have come from the factory with equipment different than advertised. I hope those plugs show up soon and Toyota takes good care of you.

You hit a lot of my dream cars - some of which I owned and some I only dreamed of. I don't think you will be disappointed with your Limited. In previous gen Tacomas a lot of trims were the same truck with a lot of small changes and badging. This new Limited is descended from a Tundra Limited and is the real deal. Lots of significant upgrades and the first truly luxury Tacoma.

Congrats!

Thanks! I didn’t know that about the tundra limited ancestry but it makes sense. I hope it works for Toyota overall, it did bring me into the taco family so hopefully there is a large market for luxury mid size trucks.
Sponsored

Daveintb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 SR5 2wd
Huh, interesting. Yeah it definitely doesn’t have them in. I am waiting for them to arrive still.
Mine has a build date of June and it came with no plugs. I tried to buy them but they are on b/o so I used duct tape for now 😬

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Thanks! I didn’t know that about the tundra limited ancestry but it makes sense. I hope it works for Toyota overall, it did bring me into the taco family so hopefully there is a large market for luxury mid size trucks.
All Tacomas share the same platform as the Tundra, and now the Land Cruiser, Lexus GX 550 and soon the 4Runner.

Toyota designed the Tundra first and the 4th gen inherited the tech and platform from it. They even share the same design language. So the new Tacoma is basically a smaller, more manageable version of the Tundra. And the Tacoma Limited is just right for people who want the quality but not the size of a Tundra Limited.

The Limited in the last gen Tacoma was a really nice truck, but with luxury added on and not baked in. The 4th gen Limited is the real deal and I bet you will love it.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
@rkohlerbend they are plastic plugs which fill holes in the front lower control arms. Toyota plugs the trucks that come without a front spoiler, and not the ones which come with one. When you remove the front air dam those holes make a whistling sound that bothers some people. You can fix that with these overpriced plugs if you want to remove that front air dam.

Sponsored

rkohlerbend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 iForce Max Limited
@rkohlerbend they are plastic plugs which fill holes in the front lower control arms. Toyota plugs the trucks that come without a front spoiler, and not the ones which come with one. When you remove the front air dam those holes make a whistling sound that bothers some people. You can fix that with these overpriced plugs if you want to remove that front air dam.
Got it. Thanks!

Is there a Toyota part number for these that you're aware of?

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco

Sponsored

jumpy787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma
How does the rack impact the sunroof as far as it's operation?

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
Got the system x max g+ ceramic coating this week. Hanson auto spa in Des Moines does a great job for any locals. He found two small areas that needed correction, one was like a hair or something in the clear.

Probably the last mod I make except for various car seats! And a new custom plate.

Pretty soon this fall will get 1/2 cubic yard of topsoil for the low spots in yard. Be nice not to buy bags.

rsierraDDXCVII

First Name
ROB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited
I removed the front dam and put in the plugs for no whistle, and also installed HD screen protech which I highly recommend. It went on pretty easy and had films for all the shiny plastic bits like the drive selector and 4wd. Probably the best $60 will spend on the truck.
What HD Screen Protector did you get?
Sponsored