Sponsored

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
Despite that I don’t plan on doing many if any mods to the tuck I’ll still post my truck and the few things I did.

Basically I wanted to sell my Audi A3 etron plug in hybrid before it starts having issues. 2016, a nice small car but very rare even the dealer had to special order parts for regular service and while low mileage it was getting old. I also had this car before kids which are 2 and 4 now.

I budgeted ~70k cash for a new car, was open to any make or type. A used telsa plaid was tempting but I had a GT-R before and a zx-14 - plug a 66 vette 427 with a totally rebuilt custom forged engine and sold all those so my speed days are behind me.

I liked the land cruiser but we have a Subaru suv for most family stuff so I thought well I will look at trucks. And thinking more about if it would be nice to get something to pass to one of my kids down the road as I want to keep it for ages so that rules out most domestic vehicles (I have had bad luck with them).

I am in Iowa, so off-roading doesn’t really exist unless you have some non-farmable land and might mud or something but it’s a stretch. I do go off road for kayak fishing but it’s nothing wild.

I also have no desire for a full size truck. Been there and didn’t come close to using their higher towing ability.

I saw the taco was redesigned for this year and after driving one I cancelled my Land Cruiser order and got a limited taco. People complain about price but it seemed pretty spot on for what you get however I’m sure many disagree but that has been the case during any time of inflation.

Overall I am very happy, it came with the roof rack and bed cover which I wanted. I wish the roof rack was a bit more elegant, but at least no worries supporting a couple kayak I suppose!

It has a 20 year power train warranty from the dealer. Not sure if that’s standard or not and despite the fact I almost never buy extended warranty, after a lot of back and forth, they sold me a 15 year one for around $2,500 which I found acceptable since I want to have it that long.

IMG_6202.jpeg
IMG_6106.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
I removed the front dam and put in the plugs for no whistle, and also installed HD screen protech which I highly recommend. It went on pretty easy and had films for all the shiny plastic bits like the drive selector and 4wd. Probably the best $60 will spend on the truck.

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
Limited gang!
Dang right! I probably would have passed on a taco if they didn’t have the limited trim. Exactly what I was looking for.

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I removed the front dam and put in the plugs for no whistle, and also installed HD screen protech which I highly recommend. It went on pretty easy and had films for all the shiny plastic bits like the drive selector and 4wd. Probably the best $60 will spend on the truck.
I'm surprised your limited (given it's a hybrid) didn't have the plugs. My truck came with them and had a build date in March. I think most of the trucks manufactured after Feb '24 should have them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
Oh and I have an appointment with a local
Place to put on a 10 year ceramic coating. That will be about the last item I have planned for now.

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
I'm surprised your limited (given it's a hybrid) didn't have the plugs. My truck came with them and had a build date in March. I think most of the trucks manufactured after Feb '24 should have them.
Huh, interesting. Yeah it definitely doesn’t have them in. I am waiting for them to arrive still.

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Huh, interesting. Yeah it definitely doesn’t have them in. I am waiting for them to arrive still.
Yeah, real odd. Wonder if some of the hybrids were manufactured prior to March but they just didn't release them for sale due to a quality hold or something. Think the sticker on your door frame should have the build date.

Keep in mind, not all of the holes get plugged. Some of them are for drainage and don't cause wind noise. I think there are only 3/4 holes on each control arm that actually get the plugs.

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
Yeah, real odd. Wonder if some of the hybrids were manufactured prior to March but they just didn't release them for sale due to a quality hold or something. Think the sticker on your door frame should have the build date.

Keep in mind, not all of the holes get plugged. Some of them are for drainage and don't cause wind noise. I think there are only 3/4 holes on each control arm that actually get the plugs.

Yeah from another thread I’ve saved the part number and location for plugs. 8 total 4 each arm.

Appears build date was 7/24 from sticker in door.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma iForce Max
Damn, right. I want my pavement princess to swaddle me in comfort as I go out an play in the first major snow event of the year.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@hart24601 Great looking truck. Supersonic Red is an awesome color. My neighbor has a SSR Tundra and it is beautiful. The color looks even better on a Taco and it is just right for a Limited IMO.

Toyota's normally orderly and systematic build system seems to have gone off the tracks on the 4th gen. Even halo models have come from the factory with equipment different than advertised. I hope those plugs show up soon and Toyota takes good care of you.

You hit a lot of my dream cars - some of which I owned and some I only dreamed of. I don't think you will be disappointed with your Limited. In previous gen Tacomas a lot of trims were the same truck with a lot of small changes and badging. This new Limited is descended from a Tundra Limited and is the real deal. Lots of significant upgrades and the first truly luxury Tacoma.

Congrats!

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Oh and I have an appointment with a local
Place to put on a 10 year ceramic coating. That will be about the last item I have planned for now.

I can't imagine a 10 year ceramic. They're generally 5 to 7 years. Must be new product. Things are always being improved. I do highly recommend researching the maintenance such as how you wash that vehicle. The ceramic coating still scratches just like the clearcoat. They look awesome. Truck looks awesome. Good luck with it.

Here's a good start for you....

How to maintain ceramic coating

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
I can't imagine a 10 year ceramic. They're generally 5 to 7 years. Must be new product. Things are always being improved. I do highly recommend researching the maintenance such as how you wash that vehicle. The ceramic coating still scratches just like the clearcoat. They look awesome. Truck looks awesome. Good luck with it.

Here's a good start for you....

How to maintain ceramic coating

Thanks! The shop said 10 year warranty was if you bring in every year, but he said most people don’t and he will go over how to do the annual inspection and touchups. Not sure if will really last that long, but with how seldom I drive it might!

OP
OP

hart24601

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 limited taco
That warranty is wild! Sounds like you got a pretty good deal!
I thought so, although I had to fight hard and almost walked away for my trade in value. I demanded they at least match what Carmax offered sight unseen and it took them about a hour and a half to make it happen. They even gave me the keys to the truck and said come back at noon lol. That might have had something to do with the warranty deal since I said it was insulting the largest Toyota dealer in the state couldn’t match unseen Carmax, haha.
Sponsored