TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Sounds like a lawnmower compared to my old V8. But it has grown on me
Yeah - even though I have had a number of I4s it will be a big change from my Tundra with the 5.7L engine with a high performance dual exhaust. It sure does make some pretty music while it is sucking down a tank of gas though.

Last edited:

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Yeah - even though I have had a number of I4s it will be a big change from my Tundra with the 5.7L engine with a high performance dual exhaust. It sure does make some pretty music while it is sucking down a tank of gas thought.
It’s the one thing I miss about the old F150. The throaty growl when you hit the gas. But like I said. The new engine has grown on me.

More of a buzz or a wizz

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Hello

Newbe here. Just purchased a 24 TRD Sport. Iforce 4. Interested in what others "who own" one, thinks about the engine. Only have 160 miles on it but i feel its a bit noticeable in the cabin. Ordered a hood mat to cut down on noise.

Anyone else have any thoughts / feedback?

Thanks

Anyone else
I didn't want to spend the $474.00 (install pins are extra lol)Toyota wants for their OEM hood insulation. So I spent around $35.00 on Amazon for heat/sound deadening insulation sheets. Rolled them on in about 30 minutes.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Taco Sport engine noise / feedback PXL_20240817_193224737.MP

Tacoscott24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
I didn't want to spend the $474.00 (install pins are extra lol)Toyota wants for their OEM hood insulation. So I spent around $35.00 on Amazon for heat/sound deadening insulation sheets. Rolled them on in about 30 minutes.

PXL_20240817_193224737.MP.jpg
Did it make a difference as far as noise reduction and the direct injection sounds coming into the cabin

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hingie

Hingie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Did it make a difference as far as noise reduction and the direct injection sounds coming into the cabin

Thanks. Yea, I have a insulation sheet on order thats aftermarket.

I turned off the engine noise option using the odb2 port. Did not notice any difference.

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
I think it does yes.
My initial concern was for engine heat adversely affecting the hoods paint (long-term). It has also eliminated the hood "shimmy" at interstate speeds, which I believe was caused by the wind "turbulence" in the engine compartment.
So it decreased the overall noise of the engine and the wind.
Sponsored