Sponsored

2024 Tacoma sport has issues with front tire mud flap! My black Sport has debris (stone) damage to the rear quarter panel.

Russell Bertch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
My new Black Tacoma sport with only 5000 miles on it has stone damage to the rear quarter panel - about 25 chips on both sides.
Sponsored

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
My new Black Tacoma sport with only 5000 miles on it has stone damage to the rear quarter panel - about 25 chips on both sides.
Yes it is a known problem. That ridiculous factory "mud flap" offers virtually no protection. I fixed the problem with a set of Rokblokz rally mud flaps and the HD2 running boards from rough country.

IMG_0628.jpeg

IMG_0622.jpeg

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I really like those RC running boards.

The 4th Gen OEM splash guards have definitely shrunk from the Gen 3.

Last edited:

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Yeah - that is a good choice. The tires on my Pro are only about 1/2 covered by the factory flaps.

I am adding RCI sliders, which will provide some protection and also getting PPF on the rear fenders. If that is not enough I will get better flaps like @ridetime has.

Sponsored

tkrum015

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
PPF the front and rear fenders. If you zoom in on rear you can see the film line behind the gas fill door.
IMG_7986.jpeg
IMG_7985.jpeg

Dataman

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 1st Gen Toyota Tacoma
Yes it is a known problem. That ridiculous factory "mud flap" offers virtually no protection. I fixed the problem with a set of Rokblokz rally mud flaps and the HD2 running boards from rough country.

IMG_0628.jpeg

IMG_0622.jpeg
Where did you get that step board? My Sport Taco came with Predator steps and I want to replace them.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma OR
I second the idea of adding PPF to that rear area. I ordered some clear 3M from Amazon, a small squeegee and an exacto knife. Measure, cut, spray a water/soap mixture and apply. Took me about 3-4 tries for each side but it turned out great & only cost me like $30. It’s pretty dang invisible so even if your cut is wonky nobody will see it. Just don’t get blue fuzz stuck under it from a blue microfiber cloth like I did a couple times…. Wanted to burn that towel…

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
I second the idea of adding PPF to that rear area. I ordered some clear 3M from Amazon, a small squeegee and an exacto knife. Measure, cut, spray a water/soap mixture and apply. Took me about 3-4 tries for each side but it turned out great & only cost me like $30. It’s pretty dang invisible so even if your cut is wonky nobody will see it. Just don’t get blue fuzz stuck under it from a blue microfiber cloth like I did a couple times…. Wanted to burn that towel…
Do you have a link for the 3M?

Sponsored