Sponsored

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
So the dealership brought out impacts and we’re running around while I had another employee walking me through the Toyota app and connecting my phone, so I missed what they did to actually install. I’m assuming there was predrilled holes, it was still scary seeing them run around me and the brand new truck with power tools haha.
I specifically told them NOT to drill holes for the front license plate. I know you have to have them in Maryland but I don’t care - they can ticket me.
Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Cool picture of the two Toyota trucks.

For me the Pro is the perfect size, although it is tall. But I have a Tundra that won't fit in my garage and the new one is even larger. To me the midsize is big enough without being as oversized as a full size truck has become.

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
The more pictures I see of the Tacoma TRD PRO’s the more I’m falling in love with this beauty. Very clean ice cap white Tacoma TRD PRO. Congrats!
It has such a presence on the road - it’s kinda insane how wide and squatted it gives off. I’m absolutely blown away by this truck

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Cool picture of the two Toyota trucks.

For me the Pro is the perfect size, although it is tall. But I have a Tundra that won't fit in my garage and the new one is even larger. To me the midsize is big enough without being as oversized as a full size truck has become

@sugammadex with you on that front plate, and I have had to deal with that in Ohio too. Three years ago Ohio got rid of the front plate requirement and last year I moved to Virginia. I also agree about the road presence. It stands out and looks cooler than any other midsize truck I have seen.

sugammadex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD PRO
Can anyone post a picture or message me a picture of the ISO Dynamic seat chart/ pamphlet? I think my dealership didn’t give me one.

Sponsored

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I had read that they all come at setting 2 and I am just passing along what Sheldon Brown said. In a video he was asked that specific question and said that he prefers setting 1 for on road. It is nice we can play around with that and get exactly what we want.
Agreed, I like setting 1 as well. My surprise is that the factory setting is 2.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
If they ship them with setting 2 that lets buyers go either firmer or softer and compare them with setting 2.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Sheldon Brown commented that the best Fox shock setting for the road was 1. He then said you could dial it up to 2 or 3 depending on how you were going to use the truck off road.

I look forward to playing with those seats, and I will just start at what is recommended for my size. Then I can see how it changes with different pressures.

How many trucks let you tune your seats? That should be fun just sorting that part out.
Hoping they'll make those seats optional for 2025. Do not want.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
The ISO seats wouldn’t be my 1st choice, but my dislike is actually not because of the rear space. I prefer the ergonomics of the Premium Softex seats.

Sponsored

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Giving us more seat choices could come along later. Toyota no doubt wants to keep things as simple as possible during the first year of production, but that is something that could easily change.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
I was a little surprised at the suggestion of suspension setting 1 for on road, but the trucks are delivered at setting 2.
I plan to experiment with tire PSI and suspension combinations. Of course, the feel will change again once the stock tires are replaced.
Whattt? Haha dude I haven't even checked my shock settings. I'll do it soon as I get back home. That and dropping the PSI should make a huge difference

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
dude you're gonna be blown away by this truck when you see it in person and drive it lol. The pictures look nice but they don't do it justice at all.
Funny, I prefer to avoid attention, especially on the road, but I’ve had people hanging out of their vehicles staring, then giving thumbs up with big smile. My wife drove the truck one day this week and had several guys asking about the truck and wanting to see the inside. Raving about it.

I’ve owned several new vehicles over the last 3 years, and never had one receive this kind of attention.

PCGen4PRO

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Yep - same here - get stopped everyday. Thumbs up by guys driving by etc. kinda fun -
Sponsored