The Sasquatch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
FD3D2AEA-8872-40AF-BDCD-FA39D34480C6.jpeg
And so the adventure begins! I spent the last few months debating the big 3 and the pro just came out on top every time. I felt the Bison and the Raptor would always start with “I was going to get a Pro but….” They all are very nice trucks but there is something special about the Tacoma both inside and out. Plus the community surrounding Tacomas just makes it even better.
Sponsored

PCGen4PRO

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
I came to same decision. Cancelled or pulled deposits on ZR2 three times. Given the delays GM had on the Colorado, by the time the allocations came through I was searching the Western states for a PRO. I paid the ransom, drove it back across three states and never looked back -

IMG_4712.jpeg

grizzlyoutlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA
You have any ideas where your going to start with the build? I have to say that everything I read online talks abouts specs specs specs but the Tacoma is just far better looking than the Ford Raptor. I like the looks of the Chevys but couldnt get past their shit service.

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
Hey, man. You got my truck. Oh, wait. Mine is being built Tuesday.

Watching this to steal ideas. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

OP
OP
The Sasquatch

The Sasquatch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
View attachment 16481
I came to same decision. Cancelled or pulled deposits on ZR2 three times. Given the delays GM had on the Colorado, by the time the allocations came through I was searching the Western states for a PRO. I paid the ransom, drove it back across three states and never looked back -

IMG_4712.jpeg
Awesome truck Brother, best of luck with it! Its nice to see some folks appreciating It

OP
OP
The Sasquatch

The Sasquatch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Hey, man. You got my truck. Oh, wait. Mine is being built Tuesday.

Watching this to steal ideas. Thanks in advance!
Bet you can’t wait! Going to be so much sweeter when you take delivery

OP
OP
The Sasquatch

The Sasquatch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You have any ideas where your going to start with the build? I have to say that everything I read online talks abouts specs specs specs but the Tacoma is just far better looking than the Ford Raptor. I like the looks of the Chevys but couldnt get past their shit service.
Definitely have some ideas but one of the great things about the Pro is you don’t have to do much. People spend tons to get a TRD up to the point where the Pro is stock so at the end of the day, is the $10k really that “insane”? I don’t think so. The hybrid motor alone is worth it and then you get a ton of options with it.
So the style I gravitate to is the clean “pre runner” look and not this overland look with 1000 attachments and bed racks. one of the other reasons I chose the Pro was it fits into the styling I like. To each their own but for all the 3rd Gen haters, I am not new to this. Here is my 2018 so I have plenty of actual experience vs. just trolling….

333D29B2-33F9-40FA-9016-97351F5BBD4B.jpeg

D13FC9B5-8D7E-4DF9-BFA3-44BB5F46806F.jpeg

Last edited:

grizzlyoutlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA
Definitely have some ideas but one of the great things about the Pro is you don’t have to do much. People spend tons to get a TRD up to the point where the Pro is stock so at the end of the day, is the $10k really that “insane”? I don’t think so. The hybrid motor alone is worth it and then you get a ton of options with it.
So the style I gravitate to is the clean “pre runner” look and not this overland look with 1000 attachments and bed racks. one of the other reasons I chose the Pro was it fits into the styling I like. To each their own but for all the 3rd Gen haters, I am not new to this. Here is my 2016 so I have plenty of actual experience vs. just trolling….

So the style I gravitate to is the clean “pre runner” look and not this overland look with 1000 attachments and bed racks. one of the other reasons I chose the Pro was it fits into the styling I like. To each their own but for all the 3rd Gen haters, I am not new to this. Here is my 2016 so I have plenty of actual experience vs. just trolling….

I love it. That's why I asked about your "build". If I had gone with a pro I'm not sure where I would have started. Sounds like we have similar style and I've spent more than the difference getting mine to a pro like level. I've always envied how many aftermarket options tacomas get so it's been fun. Did you get real floor mats or the carpet ones? That's a good start. There's some really cool interior accessories to add more usable space. But shit, you got wheels, tires, lift, exterior done. I don't think I would touch anything there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Sasquatch

The Sasquatch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
30% Tint on the side windows (matches factory tint on back) and 70% full front windshield. First time doing the front and its unreal … No glare, so much cooler, no need for sunglasses
76E2AE9B-AE9F-4524-B0AF-6A4BE370A464.jpeg

ReddingonTRD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Amazing photo! Tell me more about the tint- what specs to match factory in the back?

Wutangz_Taco

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Pro Tacoma
Nice! Can you post up a picture from the front, as well?

OP
OP
The Sasquatch

The Sasquatch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So 30% is the correct shade for the passenger doors to match the factory rear tint. The 70% on the windshield is as close to clear that I know of but you get all the benefits of heat and glare reduction. It’s a very noticeable difference and I will try and get some pics with the true front windshield look.
E79AC39F-3718-41A0-901A-4BB465993A10.jpeg

Last edited: