Sponsored

8000km / 5000miles Maintenance pointless?

Groves8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sport+ 6M Tacoma
Hey guys, I just met the first service check which is 5000 miles / 8000km. I read what the check is and it seems to be pointless, I also don’t get the free service checks with my warranty. Is it worth having done?
Sponsored

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
It is kinda pointless. Only actual service you get out of it is rotated tires.... which to be honest, I prefer to do myself, at least I know I'll have the wheels torqued properly. The whole point of the free service shenanigans is to get you used to going to the dealership to get your vehicle serviced.

I have heard, that by request, you can ask for your oil to be changed at the first 5K "scheduled maintenance". Apparently, Toyota doesn't care when it's done - you just get the first two for free.

SilverSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Pay the extra for an oil change at your 5k service. Then it’s at lease some real maintenance.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I don't even think I'll be doing the oil changes. I like knowing how things were done, what was used, and that everything is correct. Also, not worth it to me to sit in the dealership. Changed mine at 4K and will be doing it again every 3k going forward. I know I don't need to, but it makes me feel better.

goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport Premium, 24 Camry XSE (wife's)
It always blows me away that when you are paying for oil changes EVERY dealer, not just Toyota, will tell you that you must change oil every 5K. HOWEVER when they are flipping the bill in a "free service" program then 10K is perfectly fine. Happened with Jeep and our Subaru.

I will take mine in at 5K and just have them do an oil change for free. Then I will use my next free one at 10K and then I will never go back unless I need warranty work.

Sponsored

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
I'm leaning towards 5000 miles because of my use patterns and having some build and bugs issues addressed. My use is metro and off road for work oriented driving or hauling trips about 200 miles away where one's best to keep up with fast traffic.

Burgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Taco
I rotated tires and changed the oil at home at 5k miles. I plan to take the truck in to Toyota for the 10k and 20k oil changes but I'll also do the 15k at home with oil change.
Sponsored