Sponsored

AC dripping cold water in drivers side floor?

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
And what brand do you expect better from? Hate to tell you your going from the frying pan to the oven
Have you researched all the issues toyota is having? Toyota of today is not toyota of yesterday. Until they solve their issues as of recent I will not pay high dollar on a brand that is living on their past reputation.
Sponsored

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
Have you researched all the issues toyota is having? Toyota of today is not toyota of yesterday. Until they solve their issues as of recent I will not pay high dollar on a brand that is living on their past reputation.
All the problems toyota has they stand behind and fix. Not to mention whatever problems Toyota is having you can x10 the issues the other garbage manufactures are having

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR MT 4x4
My truck is good to go no problems. We understand you had an unlucky experience with the truck and unfortunately you have decided to move on. So ok go get a jeep or whatever. There are many here who enjoy their 24 Tacoma and I for one think you had your chance to vent your frustration. I have seen this before with similar experiences and I understand you want bad mouth Toyota up and down but remember there are us who have no issues with our trucks. Your experience is not a green light to totally trash the brand and directly at toyota enthusiasts.

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
All the problems toyota has they stand behind and fix. Not to mention whatever problems Toyota is having you can x10 the issues the other garbage manufactures are having
You do you. I'll do me. Good for you not having this issue with your truck. Good for you being a mechanic. I'm glad you have faith in your workmanship. I do not at have that faith in the dealer I have. No need to be pushy because I said I will not buy another toyota until they fix the issues they are having with their plants. You asked a question I answered it. That is enough said.

Last edited:

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
My truck is good to go no problems. We understand you had an unlucky experience with the truck and unfortunately you have decided to move on. So ok go get a jeep or whatever. There are many here who enjoy their 24 Tacoma and I for one think you had your chance to vent your frustration. I have seen this before with similar experiences and I understand you want bad mouth Toyota up and down but remember there are us who have no issues with our trucks. Your experience is not a green light to totally trash the brand and directly at toyota enthusiasts.
You are on a thread that is addressing a specific problem. I answered back to the people that asked to keep them informed on what happened with mine. I have been loyal up until this point like I said. There is no bad mouthing just stating facts that are all over the net. Get over yourself and stop attacking people.

Sponsored

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You do you. I'll do me. Good for you not having this issue with your truck. Good for you being a mechanic. I'm glad you have faith in your workmanship. I do not at have that faith in the dealer I have. need to be pushy because I said I will not buy another toyota until they fix the issues they are having with their plants. You asked a question I answered it. That is enough said.
[/QUOT
You are on a thread that is addressing a specific problem. I answered back to the people that asked to keep them informed on what happened with mine. I have been loyal up until this point like I said. There is no bad mouthing just stating facts that are all over the net. Get over yourself and stop attacking people.
My 24 Tacoma was dripping but I got lucky it was not cracked. If you do not see the error in your ways and your sharply turned negativity at now Toyota as a brand while being surrounded by other Toyota owners then be prepared for future attacks that might just hurt your feelings. Going forward remember that.

Gfenza89

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 tacoma sr5
What I’m not understanding with your logic is that you had 1 bad experience with Toyota. You bought a new truck with a warranty, they fixed your truck and you wanna bail and go buy another brand that will have 10x more problems of their own and likely will not stand behind it. Your logic makes no sense at all. Go to any forum and you’ll see people posting issue about their vehicles. These trucks are built by humans not god. Toyota still ranks number 1 and anyone who thinks switching to another brand for better “luck” is fooling themselves

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
What I’m not understanding with your logic is that you had 1 bad experience with Toyota. You bought a new truck with a warranty, they fixed your truck and you wanna bail and go buy another brand that will have 10x more problems of their own and likely will not stand behind it. Your logic makes no sense at all. Go to any forum and you’ll see people posting issue about their vehicles. These trucks are built by humans not god. Toyota still ranks number 1 and anyone who thinks switching to another brand for better “luck” is fooling themselves
Actually this is not the first time I had a bad experience with toyota. My very first toyota I had a melting dash that they refused to fix because my vin was not on the recall. I have had other issues as well but I always stayed loyal until this one. After the tacoma has been out for a couple of years then I will buy another one. But for now I will not buy this particular year again.

TacoFreak

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
@Krystiv I am a hard core Toyota guy, but I do understand how you feel. It is the old fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

In a couple of years the new model problems should be under control and you can get your truck. I also agree with some others that vehicle quality is not what it used to be and another brand could easily bite you too.

Good luck!

Krystiv

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
@Krystiv I am a hard core Toyota guy, but I do understand how you feel. It is the old fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

In a couple of years the new model problems should be under control and you can get your truck. I also agree with some others that vehicle quality is not what it used to be and another brand could easily bite you too.

Good luck!
Thank you. I am well aware I can get bit by going to another brand. I only keep vehicles for a couple of years so I should be good for the next one to be a Taco again in the future.

Sponsored

BrisketTacos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacom
I hope mine works out, might if they starting knowing about this issue with older builds. I don't wish it on anyone and I hope toyota takes care of you in the process. @Krystiv 100% understand your mindset.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
Wow haven’t been on the thread for a while and can’t believe how many others have had this same issue since I started the thread. Such a crappy thing but I’m sure Toyota will get it worked out soon enough.

TurboTruck!

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally have had to lemon law a vehicle and would suggest anyone on this thread involved in that process ask the moderators of the forum to delete there posts. What you say,show,tell could be used against you. My lemon was also a first model year so I fully understood the risk when I purchased the 24 Tacoma. When I felt the drips on my foot and read this thread I was like here we go again. I saw similar experiences on the forum with the vehicle I lemon lawed People thought they could go I want a new vehicle and I want it now! Or the it was taken apart and repaired it’s not new anymore. After Toyota has their professional certified technicians complete the repair in their eyes it’s still your vehicle repaired under warranty. Not everyone gets a replacement vehicle I wanted but did not and some will have issues after repair others will be good to go. It’s a long frustrating process to lemon law. The vehicle I lemon lawed I still have and have purchased 3 more of that brand since that unfortunate experience.

DaveyJ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport plus
It looks like I have the same issue,noticed water dropping on my foot and I see the truck has the cracked evaporator box too.My truck only has 2300kms on it.
Were the people that had their truck fixed happy with the way it was put back together?
Sponsored