Sponsored

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Can you? I thought you could just buy the racks.
Yeah, the rack will come with it but your dealer will have the ARB line as products to sell. Its all intended to be sold as a ready to go kit. Thats why Expedition Overland outfitted the Trailhunter in the new series with ARB, its a Toyota marketing tactic. Those guys don't use ARB tents, or tent racks for that matter.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Thank you! I'm trading in a RAV4 Prime for mine. The Tacomas are not around to check out myself, so I'm curious. My RAV4 has essentially the PVM that would be in the Sport. I like that it comes up automatically when you go below 10mph. Does that happen in the Tacoma? and do you get to pick and set what views come up automatically?
I checked and it always defaults to the standard view of what’s in front of you and an overhead view next to it. I did notice you can pan around if you touch the image so you are able to see more than what shows up in the pictures.

stillgotomx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Here are pictures of the various camera views from the 2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road with Premium package. I tried to take a picture of all of the different angles and views. Keep in mind that some of the camera views have up to three different angles. You can see what was selected in each picture.

IMG_5306.jpeg
IMG_5307.jpeg
IMG_5308.jpeg
IMG_5309.jpeg
IMG_5310.jpeg
IMG_5311.jpeg
IMG_5312.jpeg
IMG_5314.jpeg
IMG_5315.jpeg
IMG_5316.jpeg
IMG_5317.jpeg
IMG_5318.jpeg
IMG_5319.jpeg
IMG_5321.jpeg
IMG_5323.jpeg
IMG_5324.jpeg
IMG_5325.jpeg
IMG_5326.jpeg
IMG_5327.jpeg
Isn't there an accessory camera that would be an optional item one could put on a trailer or a towed boat or vehicle?

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isn't there an accessory camera that would be an optional item one could put on a trailer or a towed boat or vehicle?
There is and I honestly thought it was part of the premium package and that it would come with the truck. From what I have seen, that system uses three antennas on top of the cab so it will probably on on the trail hunter and pro.

Sponsored

stillgotomx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
There is and I honestly thought it was part of the premium package and that it would come with the truck. From what I have seen, that system uses three antennas on top of the cab so it will probably on on the trail hunter and pro.
thanks. I’m getting pretty much the same as yours here shortly—appreciate all your info!

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
It does come every time you go below 12mph if I remember the exact speed. I’m not sure if you can select the angle for that, I’m guessing you can’t.
Wow! Now this is the type of tech I want & expect on my next vehicle. Thanks for taking the time to post all this!

Now do I understand this comment right? Do the cameras come on automatically when you’re <12mph? Like say in a parking lot?

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! Now this is the type of tech I want & expect on my next vehicle. Thanks for taking the time to post all this!

Now do I understand this comment right? Do the cameras come on automatically when you’re <12mph? Like say in a parking lot?
They actually come on at 10mph and you can turn that off if it bothers you that it comes on at every stop sign and signal.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
They actually come on at 10mph and you can turn that off if it bothers you that it comes on at every stop sign and signal.
Thanks! Is there a button to trigger the camera views? I could see how that could get bothersome at every light, but honestly it seems like a great idea to me. I guess I might think differently after experiencing it though.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Is there a button to trigger the camera views? I could see how that could get bothersome at every light, but honestly it seems like a great idea to me. I guess I might think differently after experiencing it though.
There's a button near the shifter to trigger the views, it always shows my bed view when I am moving and there may be a way to customize which view you want to see when driving or when stopped. You can also press the X on the top left corner of the screen to go back to what ever you had on your screen prior to the camera view popping up.

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
I have noticed that you can't access android auto voice while the camera is on at stoplights. Once you 'Ă—' out then it is accessible again. Not sure if this is the case with Apple carplay as well.

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road
Here are pictures of the various camera views from the 2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road with Premium package. I tried to take a picture of all of the different angles and views. Keep in mind that some of the camera views have up to three different angles. You can see what was selected in each picture.

IMG_5306.jpeg
IMG_5307.jpeg
IMG_5308.jpeg
IMG_5309.jpeg
IMG_5310.jpeg
IMG_5311.jpeg
IMG_5312.jpeg
IMG_5314.jpeg
IMG_5315.jpeg
IMG_5316.jpeg
IMG_5317.jpeg
IMG_5318.jpeg
IMG_5319.jpeg
IMG_5321.jpeg
IMG_5323.jpeg
IMG_5324.jpeg
IMG_5325.jpeg
IMG_5326.jpeg
IMG_5327.jpeg
I have a few questions. Is there any way to look at those camera angles without being in drive. For instance, can you look at them in your driveway while you're in park? Third question is, can you set the camera's to default to a certain view when you pull up to the stop sign or when you're just driving slow or do you have to reset them each time? My angle coming up to the stop light is looking ahead. Don't need to look at what I can already see. Thanks in advance and wanted to say how glad I am to get on this forum.

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
I have a few questions. Is there any way to look at those camera angles without being in drive. For instance, can you look at them in your driveway while you're in park? Third question is, can you set the camera's to default to a certain view when you pull up to the stop sign or when you're just driving slow or do you have to reset them each time? My angle coming up to the stop light is looking ahead. Don't need to look at what I can already see. Thanks in advance and wanted to say how glad I am to get on this forum.
When you're in park, if you hit the view button located below the shifter it will give you a 360° view, at least my Canadian spec sport premium does
Sponsored