Sponsored

Any thoughts on the 2024 JBL sound system? Does it sound good?

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I ordered a limited as well. I took out all the stereo stuff from my 2023 tacoma that upgraded the sound system. If its the same stuff as the 23 im set up. The jbl is 2 ohms and has no rca outs on the 2023. I had to buy device to pirate the signal and get rca outs to 2 amps. Crutchfields had wire harnesses that made it easy too, because you need to leave the stock amp hooked up too because it runs some of the functions of the truck. I eanded up running the stock head unit going to both the stock amp and a 4 ohm 4 channel amp to kicker speakers all around in addition to a jl powered 10inch sub. Sounded light years better than the stock jbl that was supposed to be premium. I got hit by a uninsured driver and totaled my 2023, insurance wasnt going to pay for any upgrades so i robbed it of everything I could before signing it away.
May have to utilize you as a resource in the near future šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

Galactic Yeti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Iā€™m happy with it. I use Apple Music and the sound quality is crisp and enjoyable. In terms of it being ā€œpremiumā€, I would say itā€™s certainly not a top shelf system, but itā€™s definitely good quality imo.

I think people asking for better based on the premium model price point is a fair call out, but itā€™s not like they went cheap or the system is crap by any means.

BrisketTacos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacom
Using the wireless Android auto and Spotify, the volume would seem really low, I end up having to put the volume at 30-35 for a podcast. At volume level 30 I can decently hear a music playlist. Playing off the XM source, I get the same results at volume level 15. I just change my spotify setting to loud and I'll have to try the phone plugged in to see if it's just a wireless "connection" issue. I'll set my phone volume all the way as to make sure, i got things covered. I'll report back in a day or two.

nyydynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5
My opinion is that it's not balanced. I find the center speaker is way too loud and sounds like 99% of the music is coming from the dashboard. If there was a way to turn down the volume on the center speaker a few ticks (or turn up the volume on the rest of the system), it would sound more balanced.

Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
After a lot of tuning, Iā€™m pretty satisfied with the JBL. I used Spotifyā€™s EQ, also adjusted the Toyota sound, turned the treble up to near max, mids to a little below 1/2, and bass to near max, moved the fade slightly to the rear. This did tame the center channel. Itā€™s not as good as the custom systems were in my Tundra and Corolla, but much better than the wifeā€™s 2022 RAV4 JBl.

Last edited:

Forest Moon

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 OR Supersonic Red MT
My opinion is that it's not balanced. I find the center speaker is way too loud and sounds like 99% of the music is coming from the dashboard. If there was a way to turn down the volume on the center speaker a few ticks (or turn up the volume on the rest of the system), it would sound more balanced.
That was my initial impression on as well. During my first drive home after picking up the truck it was obvious most(if not all) of the music was being outputted through the removeable speaker. This seems to have corrected itself somehow as it's much more balanced now. I didn't do anything that would have affected this, but somehow it started sounding much better at some point during the first week of driving. All I did was turn the bass down one notch in the general sound settings.

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
That look when you just spent thousands to get an 'upgraded' audio system............and you reach for your earbuds. Priceless!

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
With same settings and sourceā€¦

The JBL in my TRD OR is great! Crisp, clear, balanced power with clean bass. My TRD Proā€¦not so much. Seems overpowered, bass heavy, not as clean, actually annoying after a few minutes. When bass is reduced, still not clean sound.

Iā€™m hoping the Pro JBL just needs some hours to break in. If not, this might explain why some are very happy with JBL system and others arenā€™t.

Will update if the Pro system changes after break in.

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
After a lot of tuning, Iā€™m pretty satisfied with the JBL. I used Spotifyā€™s EQ, also adjusted the Toyota sound, turned the treble up to near max, mids to a little below 1/2, and bass to near max, moved the fade slightly to the rear. This did tame the center channel. Itā€™s not as good as the custom systems were in my Tundra and Corolla, but much better than the wifeā€™s 2022 RAV4 JBl.
Ya after messing with spotify I got the best results. Set it to max tone or something like that. Sound system is okay in these at best. Just works but thats about as best as id describe it.

Sponsored

rem2582

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
I wonder if thereā€™s a way to reduce volume of the portable center speaker. It seems to be louder than the other front speakers. I believe that maybe an aftermarket filler would be nice if you wanted to leave it out.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
You can't do those things but you can use the built in fader to send more output to the rear speakers which effectively "turns down" the center front speaker. It made a nice improvement in mine.

nyydynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5
You can't do those things but you can use the built in fader to send more output to the rear speakers which effectively "turns down" the center front speaker. It made a nice improvement in mine.
I tried that but it just sounds like it's coming from the back, which i don't like. It's okay though. I'm look for a more balanced system but this is the hand we're dealt lol

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
I tried that but it just sounds like it's coming from the back, which i don't like. It's okay though. I'm look for a more balanced system but this is the hand we're dealt lol
If it sounds like its coming from the back then you went to far with the rear fade. It is very possible to balance it nicely. I know this because I did it. Good luck with getting what makes you happy!
Sponsored