Sponsored

Anyone Install Seat Covers?

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I'd like to know if anyone has gone the cheap route, ie. Walmart, AutoZone, etc. If so, what brand and model number did you get.
Sponsored

robfultz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road
Would you be willing to take pictures? Specifically of the smaller of the two back seats where the back portion tucks under around the seatbelt?

I received my rears yesterday and installed them. The split seat turned out perfect other than one hole being cut a little out of place. But the non-split side seems like the fabric was cut wrong for me. Had my brother take a look and he wasn’t able to get it any better. As the other side turned out perfect I’m inclined to think it isn’t user error.

trying to decide if it’s worth keeping overall despite the one area of poor fit or if I should just suck it up, accept the defect and avoid re-installing or trying another brand. If they were $150 for the full set it would be a no brainer, but for $300 I want it to fit right.

Fronts arrive Saturday for me. Hope the fronts fit like the double seat in the rear.
Here yea go. Mine were OK.

2024 Tacoma Anyone Install Seat Covers? seat20

2024 Tacoma Anyone Install Seat Covers? seat21

2024 Tacoma Anyone Install Seat Covers? seat23

2024 Tacoma Anyone Install Seat Covers? seat22

TheBandit

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma SR 6MT 4x4
Did you do anything different or special to get it to look as good as yours does
If I’m understanding the question right, I noticed they looked a bit silly when I put them on first as well. When I lifted up the bottom of the seat after install, I pulled the material through from the bottom side, and that helped a lot instead of trying to push from the top. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Also:
When you go to put the front seats on be mindful of the bottom cushion cover and look at how the side plastic tube is shorter on one side (they are not symmetrical) and look at the orientation I have in my pics
2024 Tacoma Anyone Install Seat Covers? IMG_4372

Edit: I also believe my split seat side may have just been made more exact. If you have already tried removing and refitting them, you might contact EKR, I had pretty good luck reaching out to customer service about shipping questions

TheBandit

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here yea go. Mine were OK.

seat20.jpg

seat21.jpg

seat23.jpg

seat22.jpg
If I’m looking at your fronts right, you may have the two seat cushion covers switched. If it’s worth the effort, the orientation helps fit around the seat pivot and buckles much more comfortably
2024 Tacoma Anyone Install Seat Covers? IMG_4372

robfultz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road
If I’m looking at your fronts right, you may have the two seat cushion covers switched. If it’s worth the effort, the orientation helps fit around the seat pivot and buckles much more comfortably
IMG_4372.jpeg
hey thanks.
I just checked & both Air Bag tags are on the door side. I believe that’s correct..

Bandit, is that correct?

Rob

Sponsored

TheBandit

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hey thanks.
I just checked & both Air Bag tags are on the door side. I believe that’s correct..

Bandit, is that correct?

Rob
Yep, the uppers look right (airbag flap to door), but those bottoms are switched. I did the same thing when I put on the drivers side, and the pinch at the seatbelt annoyed me enough that I went through and swapped it just so I wouldn’t think about it forever haha

robfultz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road
Yep, the uppers look right (airbag flap to door), but those bottoms are switched. I did the same thing when I put on the drivers side, and the pinch at the seatbelt annoyed me enough that I went through and swapped it just so I wouldn’t think about it forever haha
Oh yea, you right!!!
looks like I got a project for tomorrow!!!
lol
Thanks again
Rob

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
From noticing the SRS on seats I got these air bag compatible covers we're very happy with. They're definitely nicer than neoprene and bulkier stuff. Just popping the top over the head rests is sufficient for when I use them. Easy to remove also means easy to clean. For rear I have a simple Cabela's coated nylon cover bought long ago that's fine for as needed.

To each their own, but we're happy with retaining the air bag compatibility and the way the front and rear covers are also easy to clean or dry. I stow the all of it under the rear seat.

Sponsored

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma OR
Put my Rough Country covers on this morning, fit is amazing as always with these. The backs were easy but the fronts were time consuming trying to avoid pinching any wires underneath.

TheBandit

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do either of you have pictures of your covers installed so I could get a sense of how they look? It may also help other people if they're deciding on what to buy

I got these air bag compatible covers we're very happy with
Could you attach a new link to these? The Amazon link isn't working on my end at least

Put my Rough Country covers on this morning

bitflogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Offroad Long Bed
Do either of you have pictures of your covers installed so I could get a sense of how they look? It may also help other people if they're deciding on what to buy

Could you attach a new link to these? The Amazon link isn't working on my end at least
This is the share link from Amazon. One side short fleece and the other waterproof. I don't keep them on all the time and just if I'm full of dirt or sweat. They might not be for everyone but we like them.

DREAMANIA Waterproof Seat Cover...

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma OR

2024 Tacoma Anyone Install Seat Covers? IMG_2911
Sponsored