Sponsored

Spike

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
I assume the seats just unbolt? I have a cap coming and I would like to remove the seats temporarily so I can out things back there out of the weather and secure.
Sponsored

OP
OP

john170950

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SR5
Yes, 14mm IIRC. You can get to the bolts when the seats are folded up.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Installed Goose Gear 100% rear delete on my Trailhunter today. 5’-10” still have some solid room at the floorboard behind the seats. Can still fit a 1.4kWh SSB power station perfectly in there for most trips; the passenger seat-back snugs it into place with the rear A/C vent pointing right on it. Couldn’t ask for a better setup.

Took almost more time to wrap & protect my back seats for storage than build this kit.

Can confirm there is room under the hatches for a few light duty things like windshield sunshade, towel, first aid kit, emergency kits velcroed to the underside of the hatches, maybe stash an iPad or laptop when traveling, etc. Rigging an XPS foam standoff to isolate the hybrid guts from whatever I stow under the deck. I’d be mindful of not over packing this area, and obviously avoid putting anything wet down there or above it. No big water jugs on the deck is my rule after seeing what it looks like under the back bench of the hybrids.

2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress IMG_6507

2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress IMG_6516

2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress IMG_6511

2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress IMG_6505

Last edited:

myrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' TRD Off Road (for sale) , 24 Trailhunter Inbound
Curious what the blue tape is marking out - do you have to drill holes for this install? It's odd that Toyota didn't at least leave us a flat surface under the Hybrid's seats.... this seems like an easy aftermarket addition.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Curious what the blue tape is marking out - do you have to drill holes for this install? It's odd that Toyota didn't at least leave us a flat surface under the Hybrid's seats.... this seems like an easy aftermarket addition.
Blue tape denotes pop-pin trim fastener holes that need to get expanded to 25/64” for rivet nuts to install & secure the front end of the Goose Gear decks. That’s the only modification to the truck required for the delete kit. The underseat frame on the hybrids is leveled off (sloped for the non-hybrids) but the deck needs to be set at this height because the latch pins for the OEM seats protrude upward at an angle. Goose Gear could’ve notched around them but a flatter contiguous deck is preferred here IMO and it protects that bar which is welded into the frame I believe. It’s a really difficult piece to replace if it ever became damaged your back seats can’t re-install. The entire back seats are 4 bolts. You reuse the factory bolts on the Goose Gear system, and they provide some antiseize; keep those threads in good shape as I’m thinking I might need to install the 60 ~once a year when family or friends are in town.

Seat belts & clips + their bolts aren’t touched before, during or after this installation.

Last edited:

Sponsored

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
Installed Goose Gear 100% rear delete on my Trailhunter today. 5’-10” still have some solid room at the floorboard behind the seats. Can still fit a 1.4kWh SSB power station perfectly in there for most trips; the passenger seat-back snugs it into place with the rear A/C vent pointing right on it. Couldn’t ask for a better setup.

Took almost more time to wrap & protect my back seats for storage than build this kit.

Can confirm there is room under the hatches for a few light duty things like windshield sunshade, towel, first aid kit, emergency kits velcroed to the underside of the hatches, maybe stash an iPad or laptop when traveling, etc. Rigging an XPS foam standoff to isolate the hybrid guts from whatever I stow under the deck. I’d be mindful of not over packing this area, and obviously avoid putting anything wet down there or above it. No big water jugs on the deck is my rule after seeing what it looks like under the back bench of the hybrids.

IMG_6507.jpeg

IMG_6516.jpeg

IMG_6511.jpeg

IMG_6505.jpeg

Can you fit a 33" tall tire on top of the rear seat delete?

Looking at using that as an option when I need the bed, Having a place for the spare that sits in the bed right now, when I need it.

2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress thumbnail_20240424_162926

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
Can you fit a 33" tall tire on top of the rear seat delete?

Looking at using that as an option when I need the bed, Having a place for the spare that sits in the bed right now, when I need it.

thumbnail_20240424_162926.jpg
You get an easy 34" from the back of the front console housing to the back wall passenger-side corner. Move the front passenger seat forward a skosh/tilt up and you should be good to strap it down. (Mine is a hybrid, I presume the non-hybrid is a carbon copy double cab interior as far as depth of this area)

2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress IMG_6520

2024 Tacoma Anyone Rear Seat Delete yet? Here's my progress IMG_6521

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
You get an easy 34" from the back of the front console housing to the back wall passenger-side corner. Move the front passenger seat forward a skosh/tilt up and you should be good to strap it down. (Mine is a hybrid, I presume the non-hybrid is a carbon copy double cab interior as far as depth of this area)

IMG_6520.jpg

IMG_6521.jpg

What about standing the 33" tire up and locking it in place with the seat belts, enough room?

On my SR accesscab, I used to fold the bottom seat up and drop the tire between the fold up and theb rear passenger seat and it sat nicely.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
What about standing the 33" tire up and locking it in place with the seat belts, enough room?

On my SR accesscab, I used to fold the bottom seat up and drop the tire between the fold up and theb rear passenger seat and it sat nicely.
it's gonna be snug: 33" from deck to the dome light. You can tilt it back, probably need to because the back curves downward toward the window. Tire is probably too wide to fit partway into the hatch cutout. laying it flat looks the easiest. Protect the back of your passenger seat.

EDIT: FYI you can't access the seatbelt clips w/the Goose Gear delete kit so you'd have to lash that tire down to the deck somehow.