Sponsored

anyone tested the 2400W inverter on the hybrids?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
wondered if anyone has experience using the 2400W to charge the house battery? i heard that in the gen3 the inverter was not very clean (a mod sine wave) and caused issues when plugged directly into the the house battery.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
house battery is the battery to power the overland auxiliary stuff -- refrigerator, lights, hot pots, etc.

the 2400W inverter is a great way to rapidly charge house batteries that accept AC charging input--like the Jackery.

Toyota inverters have not been the best in terms of the quality of the AC input. some batteries that are picky on quality of the pure sine wave don't play well.

but the hybrids have an entirely new electrical system to accommodate the electric drive train, so it is not outlandish to think that maybe the inverter was improved as well.

I did a hybrid test drive over the 4th. i should plugged in my Jackery to see. but i forgot.

brentbba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Trailhunter
Watching as I plan on using a Jackery on order to power a fridge when in camp and plug it into the power outlet/inverter while driving.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
i picked up my hybrid OR last week. the 2400W inverter provides 1250W to my Jackery Plus 1000 -- which I think is the maximum that the Jackery will accept. so I am pretty happy with the inverter and, overall, love the truck.

trailhunger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TH
When I take delivery EOM will definitely be testing and charging my Yoshino! I have a solid state lithium power station ~1.4kWh, can accept 1500W 120v AC at peak charging but dials back to ~300w after 80% energized. Will also get a clear picture how many Wh the traction battery allots to the owner w/the engine off before kicking back in in ā€˜generator modeā€™.

itā€™s gonna be sick. Youā€™ll be able to charge a power station or two while simultaneously powering the freezer/fridge, e-bike, power tools, etc. This is the most underrated feature of the hybrids that have the output inverter. Total game changer
Sponsored