4thgenmedic

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sr5
I
I am wanting to add this to my SR5, Does anyone know if the pigtail behind the left taillight is already wired and is it constant ? I am wanting to plug in my fridge when I off-road.. but if no constant power, I'll just run a new power wire.
2024 Tacoma Bed Power Port Power power port
Sponsored

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR Base
I've been wondering about this since the accessory was listed by Toyota PT949-35340. I have a TRD OR base and noticed the connector was present when I pulled the taillight off to install bed stiffeners. It's pretty hard to access from the tail light or below.

Someone with an upgrade or premium package will have to confirm if it's power supply depends on the the ignition power (ACC/ON) or the button that controls the AC power outlets. I'm expecting it's the ACC/ON because it's a 12v DC outlet.. at the end of the install instructions (attached) say to check the lights on the power ports when the engine is turned on.

The install seems pretty sketchy without 100% confirmation in compatibility. Huge hole and 4 rivnuts (or self tappers) to be a tester. I'm still tempted though.. would be super useful.

https://www.sparksparts.com/oem-parts/toyota-truck-bed-power-port-pt94935340

Attachments

OP
OP

4thgenmedic

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sr5
I've been wondering about this since the accessory was listed by Toyota PT949-35340. I have a TRD OR base and noticed the connector was present when I pulled the taillight off to install bed stiffeners. It's pretty hard to access from the tail light or below.

Someone with an upgrade or premium package will have to confirm if it's power supply depends on the the ignition power (ACC/ON) or the button that controls the AC power outlets. I'm expecting it's the ACC/ON because it's a 12v DC outlet.. at the end of the install instructions (attached) say to check the lights on the power ports when the engine is turned on.

The install seems pretty sketchy without 100% confirmation in compatibility. Huge hole and 4 rivnuts (or self tappers) to be a tester. I'm still tempted though.. would be super useful.

https://www.sparksparts.com/oem-parts/toyota-truck-bed-power-port-pt94935340
I tested the plug work and without power.. no buenoā€¦ no powerā€¦

CuriousTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD OR Base
Dang thatā€™s a bummer. Iā€™ve found so many capped connectors around the truck Iā€™m starting to think most of them are useless without additional hardware. šŸ˜”

jerrysoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OR
Just found this thread! (Curious Taco) Will have to add an additional power supply eventually to get to work without turning on?

Sponsored

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
So even if the wiring is there, I very much expect the inverter that drives it will not be there. That is some very expensive hardware and it would be crazy for Toyota to spend that money including it in trims not using it. However, if the wiring and hardness is actually there, it may be rather simple to install the inverter.

theKurt

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
The connector is a beefy set of wires, which would also power the onboard air compressor (if you have a trailhunter, or bought the compressor afterwards). The instructions for installing the power port says the vehicle must be running for the power to be supplied. If this is true, I'm sure there would be a workaround for this once we figure out where the wires all trace to. Adding a switch with constant power (or ACC, to hopefully prevent too much battery drain) to the appropriate power relay would likely suffice.

Dman1351

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD OFF-ROAD
I wonder if there is a fuse missing from the circuit on trucks not equipped with that option. Iā€™m going to look into my Off Road at some point
Sponsored