Blind Spot Monitoring

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Howdy, wondering if anyone might be able to clarify something for me. When I first drove my truck home from dealership and for the first week I had it I could have sworn the blind spot monitoring would beep at me the same way that the truck does when I am backing up and it senses cars coming.
The mirrors still light up and flash but there is no audible noise. I have turned the system on and off and it is still not beeping. I don’t need the beeping but if something isn’t working and the truck isn’t even a month old I want to figure it out.
Is this system supposed to beep at me? or is it just the mirrors that light up? thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Osprey

First Name
Cleve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
No it doesn't beep at all. I wish it did as well. My Honda beeps if you have the turn signal on and someone is in your blind spot. It's awesome. That said, it's still better than no BSM.

OP
OP

CanyonFisherSummitSeeker

First Name
Chapman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Thanks very much for the reply. My 2015 Mazda would also beep once the blinker was on. I agree it’s better than no BSM. And honestly I’m fine without it beeping I just wanted to double check to make sure everything was functioning properly. Again thank you:)
Sponsored